PDA

View Full Version : Marine seminar in Chicago Feb 23rd with Ron Shimek, Harbor Aquatics and more

jbash
02/01/2002, 04:45 PM
Hello Central Illinois Reefers.

I wanted to let you know that the Chicago area reef club (CMAS) is hosting an all day seminar on Sat Feb 23rd. Speakers, exhibitors, raffle, etc. Info is at http://www.cmas.net/seminar2002.htm

If you have other questions feel free to email me at jbash@uic.edu
Ron Shimek and Giselle Muller-Parker are staying at a nearby hotel for <$60 a night, if anyone wants to stay over I can get the info.

Hope to see some of you there, it should be fun!

jim bash
CMAS membership chair
jbash@uic.edu
www.cmas.net

hcs3
02/04/2002, 03:28 AM
hi jim

thank you for not forgetting the reefers to your south!

i'm going to "stick" this thread at the top of our forum for you so it gets everyones attention.

something to note for the CIMA members - febuary 23rd was the date we planned on for our roadtrip. does anyone think we should change plans so the roadtrip takes us to chicago to see ron shimek and giselle muller-parker lecture? the cost is $50 per person according to the CMAS website. lets hear your thoughts.

as a side note, i have been trying hard to bring ron shimek into C/U for a weekend long series of lectures. progress has been made, but not enough to annouce any dates. my main goal to achieve while doing this is to make it free to all. i'm happy to announce i'm better than 1/2 way to that goal. as i make progress i will certainly make the details available to everyone, including our CMAS neighbors to the north!

henry

jbash
02/08/2002, 02:00 PM
CIMA Members-

You can register for the seminar for the $35 member fee. Our Board agreed that it wasn't reasonable to expect you to want to join our club and you are already supporting the hobby paying dues to one club. The main reason for the discount for CMAS members is that the club takes the risk if we lose money (and that really means the dues paying members:-)

So if you are a CIMA member and would like to attend the Feb 23rd seminar, register for $35 and put "CIMA" under affiliation. That will do it--of course if anyone from Kansas City claims CIMA membership we might have to ask your Pres who is really a member :-)

Hope to see some of you there. We are up to 6 exhibitors (I have to update web site this weekend). Three livestock (Harbor, Splash of Life and New Trail Trading Co), Dirk and DTs. I'm sure that will be it for livestock, might be one more drygoods exhibitor or this might be it.

Jim Bash
jbash@uic.edu www.cmas.net