PDA

View Full Version : Another free Tang!

w2
02/01/2002, 01:55 PM
Since we've had a free Purple Tang on the board, I thought I'd add my large Yellow Tang. He has outgrown my 55 and I think he's too stressed. Just looking for a good home for him. He has had LLE, and shows some scarring, and his color is a little light, but other than that, he is healthy and eats like a horse! I think the light color is some stress from the small tank. Anyone with a larger tank interested?

Please let me know.

Cheers!

w2
02/01/2002, 09:56 PM
Tim snatched up on the Tang. I know the Tang will enjoy his new digs in Springfield!

Cheers!:D

hcs3
02/01/2002, 11:10 PM
not trying to raise a stink one bit.......

but i gotta ask.

if you think this tang is stressed in a 55g tank, why do you think the 75g is any better?

seriously. i'm just curious where you feel the differnece lays.

w2
02/02/2002, 11:45 PM
After a discussion with Tim, we discussed this topic and decided that you are correct, Henry. Maybe a 75 is not the answer for this animal. I was thinking that the extra 20 gal. (and more importantly 6" more in depth) would be better for the swimming habits of the Tang. The 48" length seems ok with him, but the turn around at the end of a brisk run seems real tight.

So, Mr. Yellow Tang is back for someone with a larger tank. Although a bigger tank is in my future, I don't know how far in the future. Got many "honey-do's" to get done before the tank becomes a reality!:rolleyes:

Cheers!

BrianD
02/03/2002, 12:23 AM
FWIW, I will have an 180 gallon tank and stand available (cheap :)) when I set up my new 500 gallon tank. I think Henry has already spoken for one of the tanks :)

Brian

hcs3
02/03/2002, 01:12 AM
hey guys

this was not my intent. i have personally kept tangs in a 75g. mine did not seem stressed, but once i saw it swimming in a 180g i knew "the larger, the better."

the reason why i asked was because you noted that the fish did seem stressed, and his poor coloration and HLLE may be from the stress. i thought it was a strange that you felt a 55g was too small, but a 75g would be adequate. i was wondering where you felt the difference lays.

the added width of a 75g tank is nice for aquascaping, but IME it usually gets used for exactly that. not many instances is this left as open swimming room.

henry

ReefMD
02/03/2002, 03:10 PM
Henry,
The fish was going into my FOWLR tank. There might me 50# of rock in it, but 200# of SD sand, YEAH!!!! I have also had tangs in my 75, before I moved to Springfield and they always appeared well adjusted, but hey, I'm not a fish so how do I know.

Brian, shoot me a price on the 180 and stand when you have a chance, I might be very interested in it. BTW, what are the dimensions???

Tim

prowlr1
03/04/2002, 02:12 PM
I have aquired a few new items ill show photos of.
I changed my rocks around. im still getting more LR.

ReefMD
03/04/2002, 09:09 PM
I'm in the process of possibly building a 225 gallon tank. I hope to have it built before Brian gets rid of his purple tang so I can have an appropriate home for it.
BTW, I'm going to get more sand if anyone wants any please contact me via email.

Tim

BrianD
03/05/2002, 04:48 PM
Tim, I may not transfer any tang to my new tank except my hepatus, so I may have two purple tangs in a couple of months that need a good home.

Brian

ReefMD
03/05/2002, 08:10 PM
Brian,
Thanks, just keep me posted.

Tim

Shia
03/06/2002, 06:51 AM
I was wondering if I could buy or trade you something or the other purple tang? I could drive up any time to pick up so shipping is not necessary.

BrianD
03/06/2002, 07:51 AM
No decisions/promises right now :) It will depend how things go when I move my tanks in a couple of months. I will keep you in mind.

Brian

Shia
03/06/2002, 03:50 PM
thanks