PDA

View Full Version : newbie here... appreciate your patience

jacksonpt
01/30/2002, 12:38 PM
I've searched through the old posts and found some good info, but it's a little sketchy. Here's my situation: I have a 75g reef running now. Over the next 6 months or so, I will be transferring the occupants to a 125g reef. That will leave me with an established 75 that has no inhabitants. I have long been interested in cephalopods, but held off until I new more about keeping sw tanks. I've got the reef thing down, now I'd like to reconsider the cephalopod thing.

Like I said, I've searched through the old post and found some good info... but I still feel like my knowledge is patchy, at best. Is there somewhere I can go to read up on keeping cephalopods? Some of my questions include (this is only a few... I've got lots of them)... what kind of lighting and substrate do cephalopods usually prefer? Water conditions... salinity, ph, temp, etc.? beginner species? cuttlefish and octo in the same tank? etc.. You get the point.

I did a google search, and found a lot of good info at about.com. I'd still appreciate any info/links/advice you can give.

TIA

cephalopoder
01/30/2002, 03:00 PM
You can go to http://is.dal.ca/~ceph/TCP/
for some good info. www.tonmo.com is a good one as well. Most of your questions can be found in back threads on this board as well.