PDA

View Full Version : live rock cheap!!!

mikey77
05/28/2005, 11:54 AM
Hey I'm tearing my tank down and I'm not really gonna have a way to keep the live rock going. If anybody wants to pick up about 60 pounds of really nice rock in wittenberg I'll sell it for 50 bucks. I've also got some other stuff too. call me cus I wont be able to get at my computer for a while. 715-253-2004

Mike

nellie54914
05/28/2005, 09:58 PM
Hey, I called that number and they said it's the wrong number, no Mike there. So don't call this number!

mikey77
05/28/2005, 10:39 PM
you're right nellie54914 I accidentally put down a number that I had just finished calling and it was still in my head I guess. I'll e-mail you the right number and the rock is yours if you want it. I already got in contact with jason and told him I'll be down there tomorrow so you guys can pick up the stuff. Thanks,

Mike

jmkarcz
05/29/2005, 11:11 AM
Still waiting... Got something trying to work out something with JSC on something else, but he is moving also and haven't heard back... Who ever calls me first... That where I will go. West Wittenburg, or South toward Madison.

Jason
920 321 0226

mikey77
05/29/2005, 09:02 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to nellie54914 and jmkarcz, It was great to meet you guys. I just wish I would have had more time to visit but with moving and everything it's been pretty hectic. I hope everything works out well for you.

Mike

nellie54914
05/29/2005, 09:34 PM
Thank you Mike! It was nice meeting you too, it's too bad you're getting rid of your stuff but at least you'll have a nano someday. We're gonna work on getting the rock in tomorrow, we'll see how much we can fit in there! I can't wait to see some of the rock in the tank, you had some really nice pieces!

The zoos are awesome, we don't have anything like them so they're a unique addition to the tank! And the starfish is really cool too, it buried itself right away but then came out and cruised around for a little bit. I've always wanted a starfish, we're going to get a fromia someday, but this is still really cool to watch! We haven't seen a blenny, he must've gotten sucked up with something else. Thanks again, I hope you're almost done moving! :)

jmkarcz
05/30/2005, 06:05 PM
Everything seemed to tansfer ok here... the bta is out and the zoos I got are really cool. Thank you Mike... I hope your interest in the hobby continues... call if I call help in any way.

Jason

mikey77
05/30/2005, 09:31 PM
Glad to hear everybody's happy with their stuff and don't worry, my interest in the hobby is still strong and I'm gonna be setting up a nano in the near future. I'm sure I'll be getting a hold of you Jason for some help. Talk to you guys later.

Mike

nellie54914
06/05/2005, 11:36 PM
Hey Mike guess what!? The blenny showed up in our tank tonight!! We couldn't believe it when we saw it, that's a hardy little guy!

We just put the rock in out tank on Friday night, so from when we picked it up last weekend till then it was sitting in the rubbermaid container with a powerhead in it but no lights or heater. Of course since it was just rock there was no acclimation, just went from that container with the cold water into our tank. It's lucky we used that piece too. One of our large pieces had a lot of algea on it so we pulled that out of the tank and put one of the big pieces from you in there, apparently that was the one with the blenny in it! The other big piece from you is still sitting in the container, we're going to put it in our sump that we have to set up yet. So it's lucky we happened to choose that piece to put in the tank! We had the rock in and out of the water a few times while we were rearranging, poor little fish! My husband was looking in the side of the tank and had just commented on what a little jerk one of emerald crabs was (any time a fish goes by he raises his claws at them like he's trying to grab them) and all of a sudden he was like what the heck! So I thought maybe the crab grabbed a fish or something, went over and looked, and there was a new fish sitting on the rock!

So Lenny didn't get sucked up and is alive and well! I hope he gets along with our blenny, we have a lawnmower. Now we have 2 chompers! :) Just had to share the story, it was quite a surprise!

kass03
06/06/2005, 02:29 AM
Thats really cool you found him.
If he doesnt get along I would be interested. I always loved those fish.

kass

mikey77
06/06/2005, 09:27 AM
wow that's really great! Lenny was our favorite fish. Laurie will be happy to hear he is doing well.

Mike

jmkarcz
06/06/2005, 09:40 AM
Arn't you glad you took all that water now?

Jason

jmkarcz
06/06/2005, 09:44 AM
Mikey, forgot what you sad you using for adds for the water... refferring to the BTA - did you ever feed it?

Got a Seabae this weekend... your's was looking so well. I put the compact fixture ofer the tank temperarily. It likes that. Everytime I turn that rock, It comes out on the back side.

How long did you have this one?

Jason

mikey77
06/06/2005, 11:51 AM
hey jason,
I didn't use any additives if that's what you mean by adds. That bta really seems to like krill which I fed a couple times a week. I had him for about 4 months I guess.

Mike

jmkarcz
06/06/2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks... I have not fed it yet.

Jason

nellie54914
06/07/2005, 12:11 AM
yep, glad we didn't juat take the rock without the water! Poor guy was probably traumatized, he'll never be the same again! :D He doesn't come out much yet, if i ever see him out he goes and hides right away. But i'm sure before too long he'll be like our LMB, getting right in front of my face when i'm looking in the tank. I like his colors, and i love blennies so he's cool!