PDA

View Full Version : probably relocating to the area soon

SLOreefer
05/27/2005, 12:11 PM
hey guys ive been offered a position in oakdale and may be moving up there soon(the position starts june 20). i ust wanted to get in contact with some reefers up there since ive never really been to the area and will be needing equipment, water, etc for my tanks. any stores out this way?

lanxang
05/31/2005, 12:09 PM
SLO, sorry no one has replied to you yet. We mostly have been posting in CVreefers.org

Stockton has
Twins Aquarium - Softies, and LPS - Sponosor of NVR
Discount Pets - Softies and LPS - Sponosor of NVR
Carter's Pet (PetMart) - softies and LPS

Modesto
Tropical Haven - I don't remember seeing to much corals but they are the best place for Tanks.

Lodi
Robinson's Feed - They usually sell out within the week they get their corals in so you have to check with them on their shipment. it mostly softies and lps also.

SLOreefer
05/31/2005, 12:27 PM
thanks for getting back to me, ill check out cvreefers.org and probably sign up, though im sure i wont be able to join any of the events for some time because of all of the moving type stuff and finding a place to live an all. anyhow i hope to see you guys soon

lanxang
05/31/2005, 02:24 PM
There is actually two clubs existing on CVreefers. One is the Fresno guys and us NVR. Our site is on nvreefers.org but we don't have a forum there.

If your still interested, I have a finger nail size version of the yuma I traded on N-R.

If you ever get a chance, come check out our meeting. It is the last Saturday of every month and held in Manteca.

SLOreefer
05/31/2005, 05:12 PM
awesome, i definately am interested in the ricordia, i just dont know when ill have time to get it. pm me a price and we will see if we can work soemthing out. i definately plan on checking out the reefclub once i get settled in and everything. thanks for all the info on the clubs, ill check out the websites tonight.

lanxang
05/31/2005, 05:21 PM
Like before, I prefer to trade. If you don't have anything right now, that is fine with me. Just remember me if you get something.

SLOreefer
05/31/2005, 05:57 PM
sounds awesome, ive got some zoos and a few ricordia like some blueish grey ones and stuff. once i get moved up to the area ill let you know, once im up there im sure ill be getting more cool stuff too. i also have orange digi with a greenish base and stuff like that, ill get some pics of my tank up r you can check my gallery at n-r.com
i definately am interested in that ric though. thanks alot

Jesus
05/31/2005, 11:00 PM
By the way, NVR is having a BBQ this coming month(June). You're invited t come and meet everyone there.

jesus

mothra
06/01/2005, 10:10 AM
Man I just saw this thread, like Lanxang mentioned we're more active on the other message board right now.

Welcome to the area. Oakdale is an up-and-coming city, it will be a big change from SoCal, but it's a nice place to live, and much less hectic than the bay area. Glad you found us and I look forward to meeting you. As Jesus mentioned we are having a BBQ this month to welcome new members and talk to our current members about the direction they'd like to see the club moving in the upcoming months, we'd be glad to have you if you can make it, if not then feel free to check us out any time.

Jacob.