PDA

View Full Version : Next Meeting

Jamesvcanfield
05/25/2005, 09:21 AM
The next meeting has been set for Monday June 6th at 6:30pm. Please plan on attending if you have interest in the club as this is going to be our main organizational meeting, and probably the last for awhile (summer time and all). We have fixed dues at $2.00 per month, prorated for the rest of the year for new members. Please refer to the MYSEA website maintained by Stacker which will give directions to his place of business which will be the location of the meeting. This meeting is crucial and should be attended by all if possible. If you cannot make it, but you wish to join or continue to participate - pm me and I will take care of your membership. Thanks to all. Jamie

STACKER
05/25/2005, 11:00 AM
Thx Jamie..

Anyone wishing to official join for 2005 should bring $16 (Jun-Dec) and a buck or 2 for raffles.

Everyone in encouraged to bring frags for raffles (donated to the club to raffle), trading, or selling. You can also bring any item related to the hobby that we can sell tickets for or give away as a door prize (also donated to the club).

I'll have a sign-in book so we'll all know who was here for meetings and will by the next meeting, probably first week of Aug. (we'll meet for tank tours and such between) have a bubble raffle setup (I'll explain June 6).

In the interum the board members will meet and deal with the details of non-profit status and club foundation issues.

We intend to make this alot more fun than it has been so far. all we need now are members to enthusiastically participate in meetings and volunteers to get some unofficial gatherings underway.

ONAGI
05/25/2005, 04:03 PM
Stacker,
what's up with the comment? That's not a fair representation of previous meetings since they were the initial set up and execution of the club. There was a lot of official business to be dealt with at the time. We set up the forum with RC and drummed up the interest originally. You have jumped in and taken over (thank you by the way) with the boring stuff already defined. I've been reading some comments that I didn't agree with and wanted to speak my mind. Have we switched roles? I'm gonna have some fun if so! LOL!!

Jamesvcanfield
05/25/2005, 07:18 PM
Place nice fellas we have room for all.

Howieytown
05/25/2005, 09:41 PM
WOW, i havent had so much fun and drama since the last time i was in an online chat room! i'M VENTING HERE PLEASE BEAR WITH ME

First of all I'm going way back to the first meeting (that lasted until midnight) where Omar had stated at least 5 times to watch what we say on This (the RC) And how we have so many people reading these forums we really have to becareful of what we say. Thats just a reminder fellas.

hmmmm, maybe i'm speaking for myself but i think alot of people have the same feelings that this ongoing battle from the start between you two has gone on long enough and probably is a big part of scaring away alot of the first crowd.

Just because Stacker mentioned "alot more fun than it has been so far" is no reason to take offense. And yes the first meetings might have been "wordy" and "not fun" but you have to start somewhere right? Besides I feel that since the two founding fathers (so to speak) have 1. dropped out of the nominations and 2. disapeared from the forum completely we all should be thankful that Stacker has taken over and pushed this club forward.
I know I am, mainly because of the work i have on my plate at home and at work, i barely have time to post let alone make a meeting or presentation, (especially when it gets moved to a different location and me not being the "daily forum reader" miss out on those last minute changes)
We all appreciate "defining of the boring stuff" and couldnt go on without it with credit being due to ALL who participated in it.
Let us not nick-pick every word everyone says and get on with what this is all about, Information shared and enjoyed by all those interested and if anyone wants to "have it out" with someone JUST SEND A PM BECAUSE ONCE ITS SAID ON HERE ITS HERE TO STAY AND LETS KEEP JAMES POST HERE FOR ITS IMPORTANCE!
IT'S A NOTICE OF THE CLUBS MOST IMPORTANT MEETING AND IF YOU LIKE SOMEONE OR DONT LIKE SOMEONE THEN YOU BETTER SHOW UP AND VOTE FOR SOMEONE ELSE OR RUN FOR THE OFFICE YOURSELF

STACKER
05/26/2005, 06:04 AM
Relax everyone! It's communication which is a welcome change! Sheesh, Omar and I feed off of comunication, feedback, and input (positive and negative). You would gasp in horror if we were actually "having it out" trust me!

If I'd actually upset Omar he's be on the phone or at my door! and Visa Versa, Right O? Besides the tiger needs his chain rattled now and again.

I decided that the inactivity of this club needed a kick in the shorts and I've done exactly that completely self directed. Hoping to start a ball or 2 rolling and see if anyone was truly interested in this club and driven to help. If my drive and enthusiasm scared off anyone, so be it! the way I see it, if I just sat back we would nave no website, zero communication here, and 6 folks out the money they put in for membership.

If I have to do EVERYHTING myself to see this thru I will! My enthusiasm alone should stir others to jump in (Kudos to Jamie for your input, dedication, communication, and enthusiasm) and take some of the load. 2 more and we're done!

In truth, this is not rocket science, nor is ther any hard labor involved. A few cut and pasted documnents, a few lists, a few graphics designs, a few phone calls, and BAM, it's done... End of story. This first hill is proving to be a tall one tho.

Omar, you resigned your interum position and stated that you didn't have time. I stepped up to an empty plate to see that this didn't die before it had a chance. Have fun, I surely intend to jsut as soon as I finish what I started. Help me out as yo see fit, slap me around and question everything I do and say. It's important that everyone knows exactly what we are all about here. When e can finally push this red tape away we can finally pursue other directives. I'm feeling alienated already but I can live with that is this thing stays alive. :)

Right now the plan is to get an election out of the way so we can move on. This has been IMHO the biggest problem and main stumbling block with regard to progress.

ONAGI
05/26/2005, 03:52 PM
I have to completely agree with Stacker. He's right I would call, show up or do whatever I thought would be best to address him with my position.

The post I made was communication of a thought. Check the parenthesis, I do mean it. Thanks Stacker. I will remain active in the club though and provide my input where it is requested and on what I think is important.

Stacker I've been trying to keep up with the posts and provide input as regularly as I can. Let me know what you need, I'd be happy to support you. You and I have shared a very similar vision since we met.

Again the election has been the biggest issue of progress. The sooner this is completed the faster the club will develop and grow.

STACKER
05/27/2005, 05:44 AM
EEEEK! he agreed with me, now I'll have to change my stance... LOL

Will do Omar, I think what's most important is the most boring to the rest and best just done rather than bringing it up for discussion and voting.

Does any one have any ideas for a cool activity next Mon.? Maybe we can bring various corals and Rich can do another frag (heh) demonstration. or....

deepbluesea99
05/27/2005, 07:15 AM
ill bring my 8 mil movie of "the amazing mr. limpit" and we can discuss and review it afterwards lol.you know the don knots movie where he is a fish,crusty the crab so on and so forth.

STACKER
05/27/2005, 07:41 AM
Yup, seen it! It was much better in my "college frame of mind" ! :)

Still better than that damn Nemo movie tho!

I thougth it might be a draw of some sort if we could do something interesting and fun. Maybe a saltwater baloon fight, or oyster shucking.. LOL

deepbluesea99
05/27/2005, 08:15 AM
no rockey mountan oysters ok

STACKER
05/27/2005, 08:28 AM
No worries there!

Jamesvcanfield
06/05/2005, 10:26 AM
bump

STACKER
06/06/2005, 05:32 AM
I am completely umprepared for tonite but we'll muddle thru I'm sure. I'll try to get some forms printed for voting and we'll move on as quickly as possible. This is no excuse but I've been swamped here at work and finally got the last kid graduated and her openhouse done on Sat. Sunday was spent cleaning up and going to a few openhouses so I have zip done. Such is life.

sbluscombe
06/06/2005, 04:05 PM
sorry guy but there is no way I can make it tonight. I am typing this right now at work. I hope I can stiil be of some help. This summer has been just too busy for me. Sorry
Steve

lori7973
06/06/2005, 09:31 PM
Well, I couldn't make it because I was at the shop for Rich. For those who don't know Rich's dad had a massive heart attack last Weds evening.... he has pulled thru but not out of the woods my any means. So I have been manning the shop since and no one to cover for me to have been able to make it.

Please post tonights events..... and how many of you that were actually there... can you vote if only 2 or 3 show up???? Just don't know how you go about that. I am thinking that the club should be put on the back burner thru the summer and we can get things going in the fall again.... everyone has things going on and alot of clubs don't have summer meetings but maybe a picnic somewhere in the middle of it.

In my opinion and the opinion of others, this club has become too technical for our own good... no reason to have to go thru some of the things people are speaking of.... Has anyone spoke to Steve Pro about how the Pittsburgh club was and is set up? I expressed my opinions and the ones who have taken control to try to get this going disagree.... but why does it have to be difficult? I know some will say all the bs is about done, but it's not... and there is no reason that we need to go thru it either. We can be a group who get together on a regular basis for a long time before we need to do things as get insurance and such... Please talk to Steve Pro on this thoughts, he has been there with the club thing and obviously still is.

I am going to shut up cause my mouth seems to get me in trouble. Lets all plan a cookout sometime maybe mid-summer we can call bring a covered dish or something... and we can sit eat, drink and talk.

Come fall we can schedule a meeting even if it is held at my house.. Dale's office, wherever ... but schedule it so we have over a month till the date and can post flyers so the public can be aware and show up. The date may not be good for all.. but we can't be worried about what everyone's schedule is. Make a date and stick with it. What do you say? Summer picnic .... then .... fall meeting.

I am Sorry for not being able to make it.... and I speak for Rich also.

STACKER
06/07/2005, 05:44 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with Rich and his Dad.

We had all of 5 show up but took care of installing nominating, accepting, voting, and installing officers. Regardless of participation I will still hold regular meetings and do my best to get others involved. Our meeting lastnight was fun and intersting because we literally had a round table discussion, shared ideas, talked about the future of the club, and took guesses as to what the frag was that Jayne brought.

There is absolutely nothing difficult regarding this club formation. Jamie and myself have taken on the tasks of filing paperwork and there will be no more discussion of such mundane matters unless the executive board feels a vote needs to be taken. Regardless, if we have 4-6 members show, and all are exec. there would be no reason to even floor most issues. We'll simply record them in the minutes and life chugs on

Our plan is to meet again officially in Late Aug. because of our overwhelming summer schedules. In the meanwhile we talked about the tank tours, visit to Pittsburgh and Columbus public aquaruims, and maybe some other impromptu gathering to BS, do some fragging, and share ideas. This shouldn't be a hard sell if folks take a minute to read these posts, keep up to date, and make a shall effort to be included.

We decided that the club will remain a simple and unrecognized association until we see enough membership to warrant filing organizational and or non-profit status. This issue can be floored at any meeting and we plan to open that discussion again after the first of 2006. We'll cross that bridge when and if we come to it.

There were 6 of is present to take in Steven Pro's presentation and he was gracious enough to hang around for a Q and A session for an hr. or so. Again, until we feel it's necessary to move forward as a legally recognized club all issues of application, liability, and official business don't really exist and we won't waste time discussing them. If that time comes we'll do everything necessary.

I'll be posting soon on a July visit to either Pitts or Columbus and we'll see who wants to go.

lori7973
06/07/2005, 07:01 AM
Well I am glad to hear you guys had a good time and worked out some issues. I am very sorry again that I couldn't make it. I like your ideas of doing stuff... we are in for anything, we can get a good crowd and bring our numbers up for tours of the Pittsburgh aquarium and such since we all have people and families we can bring, it will be fun!!

STACKER
06/07/2005, 07:13 AM
Lori, I'll be putting out a newsletter and sending it to everyone I have on the mailing list. It would be a good idea to post some flyers before the next meeting too. Are you interested in putting a flyer together? I'll be getting with Rich to finishe the logo soon and we'll then have all we need to get membership cards, letterhead, and flyers out. Let me know if you wanna help. D

lori7973
06/07/2005, 07:33 AM
Absolutely, I would make and distribute a flyer.... well I may need some others to help with the distribution part.. I don't believe I have ever been to Southington!! lol.... But I would be glad to do the Boardman area and leave a bunch at the shop.

STACKER
06/07/2005, 08:57 AM
Well, there isn't much to see in Southington but the 4-5 of us who keep salt water afre already involved :) When we come up with a plan we'll try to include those others who don't know about us yet and we'll see how things go. If you can hit the Y-town fish places etc. and we hit Niles, Warren etc. I bet we get a few that respond. We'll see I spoze and go from there.

Ashley7524
06/07/2005, 11:03 AM
Sorry Sal and I couldnt make it to the meeting last night. I have a class on monday nights until 9:30pm. Glad to hear you guys got things going.

STACKER
06/07/2005, 11:07 AM
I lose all of my "class" right after quitting time here! LOL We'll see you guys soon I hope!