PDA

View Full Version : Not sure anymore..

Zombies026
05/24/2005, 07:41 PM
Well it has been some time since I have been in here do to werk and a few other things..I think I want to give up.The time I use 2 have for this hobby is now filled with 12-16hr days of werk and no time for my tank..Belive it or not I have not touched it for about a month now and I am scared to look in the basement at it..I did have some living things in there but with use moving well all was lost so now its a half a tank of water rocks and sand..What can I do to get back in this..I do want to but like I said with werk and my weekends all booked up I have no time..Its in the basement where I had wanted it but that turned into out of sight out of mind..Any thoughts????

z28cam
05/24/2005, 07:55 PM
When all else fails get a bigger tank... LOL jk

Hmm lets see... You could get buy a new coral or fish or something that gets you excited about it again so you dont forget about it. Or put a note on the frig that says "pay attention to tank" :D

When life gets to hectic you just have to take a time out and take some "me" time every once in awhile.

nellie54914
05/24/2005, 08:17 PM
Ok RJ, I think you need to put a little fridge next to the tank and put all your beer in it, that way when you want a beer you HAVE to go down there by your tank! :)

z28cam
05/24/2005, 08:22 PM
Another great idea :)

iceman5
05/25/2005, 12:01 AM
i like nellies idea hell it would work for me . i just wonder if the tank looks better by the end of the night? lol

jmkarcz
05/25/2005, 10:38 AM
I got that way a while ago. I started helping dan and going to the meetings. It has really helped my enthusiasm. I spent night and day working to remodel and finish my daughters room before she was born. I neglected the tanks and my projects. (tank projects) I though about selling / duming everything more than a dozen times. It really helped alot to visit with Dan at the nursing home and take care of his plenums and more over, with him now leaving for a while, I don't have all the time in the world to drive back and forth and spend all night there, so... here's what we've been doing and my suggestion...

Make everything as easy as you possibly can... if possible, a top off, and a timer for the lights, feed minimally... and wait and see a month.... any livestock? .... if your going to need a temporary home... call Dan...their probably welcome at Good Shephard on a permanent or temporary basis... I have the to clowns I got from Shmev out there now. I didn't have the room I wanted as fast as I wanted. Dan's work # for the DOT is in the FreeFrags? thead by percula about 2 months ago. Remember he's leaving soon, so don't delay. (Make an old person happy.) Then, just leave your tank cycle and do water changes... in six months, re-evaluate and shut it down or buy a coral...

Jason

Zombies026
05/27/2005, 06:24 PM
Ahhhhhh!!!!! damn werk..I'll get bac in it again I know I will...The idea for beer next to it really sounds good thanks nellie..And the note on the frig Hah almost like bein a kid again..Clean yer room after school and do the dishes...LoL..I'll b leavin a note on my mirror in the morn before werk..

z28cam
06/14/2005, 05:29 PM
Hows the "situation" coming along

Just checking to see if your paying attention to the box of water in the basement.... :D