PDA

View Full Version : treatment tank questions..

markcasto
05/24/2005, 03:37 PM
I have just finished reading the article on treatment tank wish I had read it sooner.My fish are all out of my main 130 gallon tank being treated for itch with cuprazin.I have been franticaly changing water to lower ammonia because I had no biological filter ready.To ease the problam I have seperated the fish into 3 tanks one holding 52 gallons another holding 20 gallons and one more holding 10 gallons.There are 29 fish in total should I keep treating them all for itch. I have moved the clowns and chromis to seperate tanks and left the tangs in the big tank.The clowns and chromis look clear of itch now but one big tang still has a few spots.
It has been really tiring and worrying dealing with all this and its my own stupid fault for not keeping my treatment tank ready boy have I learned my lesson..:worried:

Steven Pro
05/24/2005, 03:44 PM
I would not return to the display any fish which could still harbor parasites. As far as I am concerned, they would all still be in quarantine until I was absolutely positive the treatments had been successful.

markcasto
05/24/2005, 05:44 PM
Ok Steve no fish back in the tank till they are cleaner then a nuns habit!

Steven Pro
05/24/2005, 06:38 PM
"A nuns habit" never heard that one before and I endured 12 years of Catholic school education.