PDA

View Full Version : The Heat is ON...

myakkareef
05/23/2005, 07:27 AM
OK, an update of my outside shed application for all my plumbing, pumps, skimmer and such...The last few days have proved that this is not going to work with out either A/C or a chiller. So with that I have purchased a chiller. This again is going outside but was told it would be OK as long as I had good ventilation. The box actually does not get really hot right around 85 inside wiht the ventilation running and in the heat of the day. I get the unit on Wednesday and will get it hooked up hopefully either wednesday or thursday. Not sure how long it will take to see if it is the answer to the HEAT....Oh I bought a Pacific Chiller 1/10 hp 8 degrees on a 100 gal....I would like to see about a 5 degree drop and I am right about at 100 gal...

myakkareef
05/23/2005, 10:03 AM
Upon further recomendations just upgraded the chiller to a 1/6 HP...Finally learning my lesson to not undersize in this hobby I guess...

sandman12
05/23/2005, 04:00 PM
good deal, no more worries about heat! are u going to just run a pump in ur sump to the chiller and back to the sump?

wahwoo
05/23/2005, 10:13 PM
Wayyy to go Scott!

That tank is looking too nice to risk. Im glad to hear that you decided not to wait any longer.

Dave

Bugs825
05/24/2005, 05:55 AM
Hey scott,

If you need some fans to cool the box, I have a bunch of 4" cooling fans that run on 110V. They are like huge computer fans that I saved from some big scanners at work. Let me know.

Nathan

myakkareef
05/24/2005, 07:26 AM
Nathan thanks, I have way to many fans at this point....
I have a closed loop running now thru a squid. I am going to start by just running the closed loop thru the chiller then thru the sqwd to see how it does. I have the pump throttled back right now anyhow for the sqwd so adding the chiller will help open the pump up alittle...

myakkareef
05/26/2005, 07:12 AM
Got the chiller hooked up last night, tank was peaking at 85 by the time I was done. Tonight will be interesting to see how it handles the temps..