PDA

View Full Version : New / Not so new store in Bradenton..

myakkareef
05/23/2005, 07:22 AM
Recieved a coupon in the Val-Pak Mailing for a store out on SR-70 just wst of I-75 next to Geckos...Went in and reconized the owner as a guy who used to do service for SeaClear...Turns out he has purcheased SeaClear and is in the process of resetting it up as a fish / coral store. His name is Kevin and he had some good prices on the small amount of livestock he has at this time. But is still trying to clean the store up and setup new displays. Nice guy knows auite abit but is interesting in hearing about our setups and our success....If ever out in the area stop in sometime and say hey, Store still is in need of quite abit of work but hopefully he will make a go of it....

sandman12
05/23/2005, 04:02 PM
nice guy but the store is sad. Has he got the new tanks yet? He was suppose to get them in april. The tanks are nasty/crappy looking and alot of fish are dead or dieing. Nice guy though.

myakkareef
05/24/2005, 07:23 AM
Yea he now has the center display section in. They look like they will be nice No light shung yet but I guess he is close. I say give him a chance. I talked to him for quite awhile and he is very interested in making this work. Going slow might not be bad as long as he continues progressing...Plus it will keep our cost down.

swims withthe fishes
06/08/2005, 11:18 PM
I am glad to hear that it is Kevin who bought him out... i worked with kev for a few years at SC and he's a good guy. he was one of the last people in SRQ who had a collection license, so he's a little more educated than the previous owners. It's too bad he has to fix up what Mic's kids did to that place, i know it's got to be a s....hole after his nasty wife ran it for a year. I wish i was still down there, i would stop in and say hey to him.

myakkareef
06/09/2005, 07:22 AM
SWF, Kevin has actually done a nice job so far. He has added some nice acrylic holding tanks down the center of the store. I sure it is going to be hard for people not to see the old Seaclear problems though. So far I have been pleased every time I have gone into the store..I had not been into the old store for years due to the way it was run. Even though Kevin knows I am not new in the Hobby, I think alot of stores take advantage of the new person from the equipment end because they can get such a mark up on it...

Bono
06/10/2005, 02:08 PM
I have been to Kevins store a few times as I am only a few miles away and agree that he is a very nice guy who can hopefully turn the store around.

FWIW, Kevin has a degree in Marine Biology and worked for several years at New England Aquarium. While there he maintained the large shark tank (which I beleive is 80,000 gallons) and even scuba dived to hand feed the inhabitants.

He travels to Miami once a week to hand pick fish/coral and said he has no problem with special requests.

myakkareef
06/10/2005, 02:21 PM
Scubby, have not seen you post for awhile...Did you ever get an anenome???We now live just off SR70 east of 75...

Bono
06/10/2005, 03:01 PM
I haven't really been on-line in a while as kids, work and home renovations are keeping me very busy. I've tryed to make the last several meetings but every month something comes up. I still haven"t picked up an anemone, although I really haven't tryed andwe are right off of SR70 in Greenbrook.

wahwoo
06/10/2005, 08:35 PM
HELLO ANY ONE MY TANK IS OVERFLORINJ HRLP PLRA BECAUSE DAVID IS NOT AVALAIBLR.

sandman12
06/10/2005, 08:37 PM
unplug everything now.