PDA

View Full Version : online source for baby food

rsaund
01/27/2002, 08:40 PM
Hi,

I'm reading all these posts trying to prepare for my banggers. Can someone recommend one source online where I can buy brine shrimp eggs, selcon and phytoplankton? Please be as specific as you can, I want to get the right stuff all in one shot, if I can. Thank you!!

Robin

FMarini
01/27/2002, 10:47 PM
Robin:
Do you ever vist any local fish stores???
You should be able to get everything at almost any LFS which sells saltwater fish. None of this stuff in rare, and here in Houston, just about every SW pet store has all these items.
AS far as brine shrimp I personally like using Sally hatch pack. I like it becuz its so darn easily. They cost more but each package is open into 1L of water, add air (78-82F), and 3 days later you have BBS. I have had great success w/ these. BUT BBS eggs are not all the same. You can check out brineshrimpdirect.com and find BBS eggs, superselco(which is a cconcentrated form of selcon-too concentrated actually) and phytoplanton cryopastes (taithan blend is the best). This is dead frozen stuff. You might want to try to get DTs which is a live version it will do better in the long run, but its alive and costly.
Just do some searching
frank

rsaund
01/28/2002, 09:10 AM
Hi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. And yes, I do visit my LFS frequently. Your use of 3 question marks seems to imply you are disapproving of my preference to shop online? For many reasons which would be boring to you, I need to shop online occasionally, and I like having options. Thank you for the info. I have found your articles most helpful and am looking forward to my first (accidental) try to raise these little banggers.

Thanks again

Robin

FMarini
01/28/2002, 12:02 PM
Robin:
I apologize for the use of ???. It's my sloppy way of typing ?.
W/ that said i have NO problem you using online vendors. i use them myself. For me personally, I just find it easier (althou not less expensive) to pick up stufflike this locally. My preference.

Please don't try to read into my bad typing habits.
frank