View Full Version : Hey Nellie !!!!

scooters reef
05/18/2005, 04:41 PM
Is that your puppy in your avatar?

I WANT ONE !!!!!

(The puppy, not an avatar)

nellie54914
05/18/2005, 07:03 PM
yep, but he's not a puppy anymore, that picture is a few years old. But it's one of my favorite pics of him, so I had to use it! He's almost 4 now. We don't have any kids, so he's our baby! :) I'm glad you like it!

scooters reef
05/18/2005, 08:17 PM
I had a Chocolate for a little over 6 years. Fought mange with him as a puppy, then all was good. But, he got a tumour behind his eye and I eventually had to put him down :( Best dog I ever had. We brought him into the vet the day after Easter. The vet mentioned how much pain he had to be in, but still couldn't tell by his actions. On Easter day, my then 3 year old, was tugging and pulling on ears, etc, and the dog STILL just layed there and then led her around the house sniffing out the eggs for her (Those cheaters !). Only option we were given was to take vacation and bring him to the University of Madison. I wasn't willing to go to that extreme in medical costs, vacation time, and our own lodging :(

Just can't get another one now until my yard is more than mud :( LOL, imagine a lab in a yard of mud with a creek in back !!!