PDA

View Full Version : DONOR: Pavona cactus

Travis L. Stevens
05/18/2005, 11:33 AM
I have two Pavona cactus frags. Common names are Pavona Coral and Cactus Coral. These were donated to us from LotRClown (Kevin) from COMAS. The pavona has a brownish tan overall color with whitish gray polyps. This frag is an SPS. The frags are about 3"-4" tall and about 2" wide. These are lower light SPSs. They grow in a flat skeleton that grows in multiple directions.

It is currently being held in my tank under PCs in the very top of the tank about 6 inches away from the bulbs and doing decent. Water parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 0 nitrates, 8.1 pH, and 1.023-1.025 specific gravity.

OK heres the contract:

------------

Each will be small, but will grow under VHO, T5, or MH lights. With extreme caution and special consideration it may grow under PCs, but better suited for the brighter tanks.

Each is free to a member of the club providing that.....

They provide the correct environment for it to grow.

They are at the next meeting to receive a colony

They describe how it grows for them under their conditions, and what those conditions are.

They promise that once they are twice the size they are now, they will donate a colony the approximate size of the original donor colony.

--------------

If you wish to be a sponsor, please reply to this list under the Want heading. First come first served. The next people on the list will receive frags from the sponsors when the colony has doubled. These first two frags will be given to the first two people on the want list at the soonest most convenient time.

Travis L. Stevens
05/18/2005, 11:36 AM
Ya, I forgot to bring these to the meeting last night. I knew I forgot something. For those that do want to house these, please PM me. They are doing well under my PCs and will probably do fine, but I don't feel comfortable with them there. We need to house these under better condtions as soon as possible.

Original Donor:
LotRClown (Kevin - COMAS) [5/14/05]

Have:
Travis L. Stevens (Travis - OMAS & COMAS) [5/14/05]

Want:
None

Thumper1
05/18/2005, 02:07 PM
Put me in Line, I like frags, as he licks his lips with sweat beads rolling down his forehead.

oddballs
05/20/2005, 12:04 PM
pavona has one of the largest acceptable light ranges of any coral as long as your water is ok the pavona should be to.

Travis L. Stevens
05/20/2005, 12:35 PM
Original Donor:

Have:

Want:
Thumper1 (Reuben) [Not received yet]

TheMcs
05/20/2005, 12:36 PM
To get this going, let me attempt to try the universally accepted format. Since Reuben got dibs in first, here's how I understand it should go;

Original Donor:

Have:

Want:
Thumper1 (Reuben)

Look about right?

Travis L. Stevens
05/20/2005, 12:46 PM
Yup, thats what COMAS does. I just put "[Not yet received]" because the frag is going to him and ready. I PMed ya Thumper1, but I hope he will take the extra frag so I know it is better conditions until someone wants it.

TheMcs
05/20/2005, 12:59 PM
Original Donor:

Have:

Want:
Thumper1 (Reuben)
TheMcs (Greg)

quaz
05/22/2005, 11:20 PM
Travis, do you have a picture of the pavona cactus?

pwhitby
05/23/2005, 08:16 AM
heres the original picture of the original colony.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=582473

P.

Travis L. Stevens
05/23/2005, 08:54 AM
Thanks Paul. As you know, my home computer is down, so posting pictures is something I can't do.