PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have a quarantine tank?

dpdash
05/17/2005, 10:45 PM
I bought two tank raised perc's last week and one of them I believe has some sort of internal parasite. Stopped feeding and is lethargic, stringy white strand coming out the anus. He doesn't look to good. I read that alot of people treated with pipzine successfully. I don't have a QT tank, anybody have one that can take in this guy for awhile?
Doug

TimD
05/18/2005, 07:32 AM
Worst comes to worst, you can buy a 10G setup with a HOB filter and cheap lights for around $25-30 at WalMart or PetSmart. Just transfer some water from your main tank, maybe a couple scoops of sand to help keep a cycle from occurring. Then medicate to your heart's content.

GregM779
05/18/2005, 07:47 AM
Sorry,
I know it's not a good habit but I never use one, sinve I have the UV.

Avian
05/18/2005, 03:32 PM
I'd help you out but I am in Port St. Lucie. Just do what TimD says and if you act fast you can save him. Are the clowns CB or WC? I haven't seen pipezine in any LFS up here but I believe Hex-a-mit is still available. You are going to need to find a med that has the active ingredient metroindozale (sp?) or praziquantel. And since the fish is not eating, you are going to have to treat in the QT water. Good luck and keep us posted.