PDA

View Full Version : Stuff for sale, tearing down a 135g Oceanic

Stuart
05/17/2005, 11:38 AM
I've been intending to tear down a tank because of some remodeling plans, which has lead to some tank neglect, and I plan to scale back form 9 square feet of tank. Now that I've lost my second bulb I need to get off my butt and get rid of the light loving critters.

These include:
Tridacna maxima (~5 inches, blue from the front and green from above)
Pavona cactus
Stylophora pistillata (?) (6x4"+ ball, very pretty)
Unidentified hitchiker plating coral, slow growing and brownish with light green coralites

The clam is on a large rock (~8lbs) which can be reduced in size to fit your tank.

Other things that'll also go include:
Naso lituratus (~5 inches, which I've had for 2 years)
Percula (~2 inches, probably already a female)
Centropyge argi (hasn't picked any stoneys that I've raised)
150lb Marshal Island and Tonga live rock (~3 years old)
135 Oceanic Aquarium stand and canopy (very nice, you can see it on nfmas.com)
a few hundred lbs of aragonite sand
Acrylic sump (two peice, ~50 gallons, again see nfmas.com)
Ampmaster 3000

I have'nt set prices yet but I’ll probably take most reasonable offers (maybe 1/2 or less than you might expect in the LFS). Also, I'll probably keep my lights and skimmer, shown on nfmas.com, for some seriously fun overkill on a smaller tank, but I might entertain offers. Reply here, pm me, or call at 241-0345. If I’m at work, leave your number and I’ll call you back as soon as I receive your message.

Thanks,
Stuart

Stuart
05/17/2005, 04:13 PM
I'll let the LR go for $1 per pound. Most pieces are large, 12-18 inches, and irregular shapes.

Stuart

patharm
05/17/2005, 06:09 PM
Hi Stuart,
I am interested in the clam and pavona acrylick sump, argi marshal all live rock and ampmaster 3000.

Patrick

patharm
05/17/2005, 06:18 PM
Hi Stuart,

Let me restate that now that my son has left the room:

I am interested in all the clams, Pavona, Centropyge Argi, all live rock and the ampmaster 3000. I called and left a message for you to call me back on my cell phone.

Patrick Harm

patharm
05/17/2005, 06:20 PM
Also the acrylic sump.

Patrick

Stuart
05/17/2005, 08:50 PM
When I got home I remembered a couple of other things. I also have:
- a longspined urchin, in my sump, that's larger than a softball and is very strong
- a tuxedo urchin
- some sort of Sarcophyton
- there's a couple of assorted Montipora digitata
- an interesting, but small, Acropora millepora

Stuart

SSweet1
05/17/2005, 09:30 PM
I need the sand is it in your tank now or in bags still? I also would be interested in the digitata, stylo, and millipora. I am going to Seaworld wed. but will call you Thursday Thanks, Carrie
Dang Pat you beat me to the clam haha!

s10willy
05/18/2005, 05:22 AM
Stuart,

If Patrick doesn't need/want ALL of the live rock, I could really use about 35-40 pounds of it. This would really help me getting my new tank set up.

Thanks,
Steve

Stuart
05/18/2005, 07:15 AM
SSweet1 - Pat's a little undecided on the clam and he should know on Friday if he wants it. The sand is in the tank. Thur is gonna be a busy day for me, how's Fri evening?

Steve - I didn't get the impression that Pat wanted all of the LR.

Stuart

cirri
05/18/2005, 07:21 AM
Interested in some corals left message at number above. Would like to discuss if any still available. Tnxs.

Stuart
05/18/2005, 02:41 PM
Base on the above requests and an additional phone call, the LR is gone.

Stuart

patharm
05/18/2005, 06:38 PM
Hi All,

I may not want all the LR will know Friday when I see it and talk to Stuart about it. Also, may want small digitata and millipora but will not know until I see it. Don't want a lot of coral just small frag.

Patrick

Stuart
05/20/2005, 05:59 PM
All the live rock is gone, as well as the clam, naso, angel, sump and pump.

Stuff remaining include:
Pavona cactus $10
Stylophora pistillata (?) (6x4"+ ball, very pretty) $15
Percula (~2 inches, probably already a female) $10
135 Oceanic Aquarium stand and canopy (very nice, you can see it on nfmas.com) $700
a few hundred lbs of aragonite sand (cheap)

Stuart

rock455
05/25/2005, 09:10 AM
any pics of the stand?

Stuart
05/27/2005, 06:00 AM
I'm thinking about tossing the sand today.

It'd be nice to find a home for the longspined and tuxedo urchins. I'll give the longspined to anyone interested. BTW, urchins won't take many chemical treatments (copper for one).

Stuart

Stuart
05/27/2005, 06:13 AM
rock455,

Yes, they're on www.nfmas.com. You have to find the photo gallery, then member gallery, then stuart. I'm very proud of the canopy, it matches Oceanic's stand beautifully. There's plenty of room for hot bulbs (it's 16.5 inches tall) and the air circulation is great. It' much nicer than most DIYs I've seen. I have more pics to emailif you PM or call me.. and I'll try posting one or two in a few minutes.

Thanks,
Stuart

Stuart
05/27/2005, 06:39 AM
Here's one of the empty tank and stand. It has square (6"x9") corner overflows. The stand is 32" and the overall height is 72".

The slits you can see in the canopy doors have a removable panel so that you can fit big stuff through the doors (like my arm, shoulder and head). The back and top are open for plenty of air circulation.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/2178emptytank.JPG

patharm
06/17/2005, 08:36 PM
Hi Stuart,

When can I pick up the pump and manifold with plumbing?

Patrick

patharm
06/17/2005, 08:37 PM
P.S.

Also, the sump and hardware.

Patrick