PDA

View Full Version : 75G drilled and overflows in

NCNBilly
05/16/2005, 02:09 PM
I got the glass for my overflows in the 75 - got a 1 3/8" diamond hole saw and drilled the overflows - I'm doing dual overflows, one in each corner. I used a 1" electric conduit adapter for DIY overflows (cost me about $0.80 each) - I'm using a rubber o-ring for a gasket, but I think I'm going to get that gasket sheet to cut my own for a better fit.

I also cut two holes for a closed loop - kinda looks like a mini version of Shawns new tank. Anyway - the diamond bit has about 4 or 5 good cuts left in it if anyone needs a hole. I made one with the dremel, but at 30 minutes a hole it wasn't worth it...

Lighting is in the air - I'd like to get rid of the dual 400 SE and go with 2x250w DEs - too much heat from 400 I think.. The best offer I got was $100 on ebay, so I'd rather hold on to it.

LeonasAngels
05/17/2005, 10:16 PM
To much heat for me also billy

chriscobb
07/12/2005, 09:02 PM
Hey billy what size bulkheads did you cut...I know you gave the bit dimensions, but have to check my chart to see what fits that hole size....I just drilled the the 30 gallon I'm using for my quarantine tank the other day with a dremel, and it went pretty good..... I have the 125 sitting in the garage as we speak and looking to drill that as well....That is going to be my fuge...had a change in plans instead of doing a combined sump/fuge, they are going to be separate and will be mounted on a rack system....I'm still trying to figure the best way to supply water to the fuge up top...I might try "T" off the main return pump to supply it, but might add an extra pump to supply it instead.....Give me some help guys, and let me know about the bit billy

NCNBilly
07/29/2005, 10:35 AM
The bit was the right size for the 1" blue electrical conduit PVC that I used for the bulkeads. With the o-ring, they cost me under a dollar each. I have the tank up and running with a rainbow 4000 on the return and its not even pushing the overflow at all. I may bump up to 800-1000gph in the sump, I think it can handle it.

For lighting, I went with 4x54 T5s and the 150MH in the middle - I really like the color of the tank, nice and bright - but no annoying. I figure thats fine for what I'm planning on putting in. I may add another 150 or put the 70w from my 10 gallon on if I find a bulb cheap.