PDA

View Full Version : Dinner?

jjac
05/14/2005, 10:14 PM
What do you all think about meeting up one evening with your wives or girlfriends and having dinner?

phishguy78
05/15/2005, 10:23 AM
do we hae to bring the wives cant we bright our favortie coral or anemone or how bout i bring my fovrite fish anything but my wive ha ha ha no that sounds like a wonderful idea jimmy i think there is a few of us who know people that own resturant maybe we can get a deal or something you know

chad508
05/15/2005, 11:20 AM
sounds like a good idea. it may be dificult to get a date for everyone that may work nights but its worth a try.

BubbaPhish
05/15/2005, 11:30 AM
Dinner?????????The wife was cheaper to feed when she was a girlfriend. I'm sure all you married guys would agree on that. A girlfriend picks at a salad all night. A wife wants filet mingon AND a lobster tail, then eats less than half of it and is asking about dessert.
I'm only kidding:D An attempt at humor on my part...............A social dinner for the group sounds good, will give all of the ladies a socialize with each other. May help in increasing attendence since the ladies know they will have someone to hang with. Besides usually most of them think of us a boy/nerds the way we carry on about some of this stuff.
A dinner with possibly a cocktail prior to wuld be a nice jesture to the wives and girlfriends.

Kevin

jjac
05/15/2005, 12:04 PM
I think we would have a nice time. My wife got to meet Rick's wife the other day and mentioned that she would like to meet some of the other wives. As far as time and place it really doesn't matter with us. Maybe we should work it around the person with the tightest schedule?
Jimmy

chad508
05/15/2005, 12:12 PM
i wife does work some nights but ther a re plenty nights she has off. the only onther night that we have prior engagments in are wednesday and sunday for church. and if the dates is far enough out she should be able to ask for a night off.

H2OLUVSME
05/15/2005, 12:22 PM
Sarah, and i have talked the same thing about meeting the wives. ive met Dave's, Chad's, Rick's and Stephen's. all seem interested in the tanks, but none come to the meetings.....why?

maybe a dinner would be enough to spark interest among them. lets see if it works :D

we're good pretty much all nights except monday. Sarah has her American Idol on teusdays and wednesdays, so we prefer thursday to sunday, but she wont die if she misses one episode, and the season is almost over.

phishguy78
05/15/2005, 12:39 PM
thank god for merciful endings right landon ha ha ha i think i can workit for a fri or sat night event

jjac
05/15/2005, 12:43 PM
So no monday's, tuesday's, wednesday's, and sunday's. What about on a Friday or Saturday evening 2-4 weeks out? Is that enough time for everyone to make arrangements? We also need to decide on a place that will suit everyone's taste.
Jimmy

H2OLUVSME
05/15/2005, 12:56 PM
saturdays are perfect for us fridays are fine (as weel as the rest) and we are not picky about food. any where is good, IMO.

this brings up another idea, maybe at a saturday meeting we'll have a cookout.

Rpierce
05/15/2005, 01:23 PM
this brings up another idea, maybe at a saturday meeting we'll have a cookout. [/B][/QUOTE]

I am going to try to have the meeting at my "new" house in July or August and was planning on having something like this. That is if you guys don't mind making the hike to Little River! I should have the tank up and running by then. :D

BTW- Dinner sounds great! Tuesdays and Thurdays are bad for me (softball)- trying to work off some FAT!

Let me know!

RP

jjac
05/15/2005, 02:15 PM
Either is fine with me.

BubbaPhish
05/15/2005, 05:00 PM
Weekends are bad for me, but Tonya and I are fine with what works best for the group. Since I have been out from work for a few weeks sick I am hesitant to ask about taking anytime off for a while (especially since I have a brand new Director at work). However, the family is going up to Little River at the end of the month for some R&R. I can never get dates straight but I believe it is from the 30th to the 2nd of June.
Like I stated in my earlier post, the wives/girlfriends may show more intrest in comming to the meetings if they have other ladies to socialize with.

Kevin

chad508
05/15/2005, 07:32 PM
from what i have read fridays seem to be the best so far.

rick do you play softball with the church league? if so which one.

Rpierce
05/15/2005, 08:17 PM
Yes- I play with Cornerstone!

chad508
05/15/2005, 08:36 PM
i've tried to play a few times with my church but with work and being on call its kinda tough. my wife and i go to River of Life.

Rpierce
05/15/2005, 09:10 PM
those guys are good!