PDA

View Full Version : pictures of my tank

darcitananda
01/26/2002, 01:39 PM
Hi all. I posted some of these on the main reef board but they got lost down at the bottom pretty fast. Maybe I'll get a little more attention here. hee hee. I was thinking of bringing one of the sarcophyton (toadstool leather) to the next prop meeting. Mine are the splitting variety, so what started out as 5 heads is now up to 9! Also, some of the colt, and various mushrooms (not pictured). I will also bring caulerpa and some live sand.

Anyway, pictured, my clowns in their leathers, sun coral, and side view of tank with colt coral.

reef central wouldn't let me repost them here, so I guess you have to visit the link, sorry for the inconvenience.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=57883

Have a great weekend everyone!

SunfishFun
01/26/2002, 03:50 PM
Great photos! Your tank is beautiful! What is the size of your tank? I'm eager to see full view shots. Post them when you can and if you do it on the main forum please put a note here in case I miss it. Keep up the good reefing!

BTW, are those percs? They are beautiful. My computer showed them as deep red. Are they really red or orange? Do your toadstools seem to be bothered by them?

dsb1829
01/27/2002, 01:13 AM
Nice tank, thanks for sharing.

darcitananda
01/27/2002, 02:09 AM
Hi!

As far as I know, the clowns are ocellaris. They are a bright to deep orange, not really red, but a little darker toward the dorsal area. The toadstools don't seem to mind the clowns, but if anything else touches them, they will close up. I think they are used to the clowns now. The tank is 100 gallons with 4 110W VHO's, 4 normal output fluorescents, skimmerless.

See you soon, I hope.

-Darcy

Reefer Dude
01/28/2002, 10:47 AM
The tank looks great Darcy!

RustySnail
01/29/2002, 07:26 AM
OMG!... You have that gorgeous pink colt coral that I had in my tank!:celeb1:

Unfortunately my colt coral did not like having a cutting taken from it and the parent colony died. :sad2:

Maybe next meeting we could discuss fragging techniques for colt corals... (you know what's on my mind...) :spin2:

Russ

BTW... Your tank looks incredible! Do you have a 'front view' picture?

darcitananda
01/29/2002, 06:22 PM
Hi,
Sorry to hear your mama colt crashed! I will be happy to bring a frag of my mama colt for you. It's funny, a guy gave that colt to me because it was shrivelled in his tank, and he thought it was dying. It was about 1/4 of the size it is now. But it only took a week or so for it to recover and now it's out of control, literally at the surface of the water. Maybe I will try to mount a couple pieces before the meeting so that they are more established.

-Darcy

RustySnail
01/29/2002, 08:17 PM
Darcy-

Hold off on making cuttings until we can get some more info on the best way to make frags of colt corals. They seem to be sensitive to cutting them. I don't want you to have the same thing happen to your happy, healthy colt.

Russ