PDA

View Full Version : camera

richcakes
01/25/2002, 05:39 PM
I want to get a good digital camera to taking pictures of my reef. What should I get? Any suggestions? I don't want to spend more than $600 or $700.

hubris007
02/01/2002, 11:48 PM
I just began looking today. I only want a starter camera, so my max is around $350.

So far the bast i've seen is the Canon powershot A20. It runs right around $350. Then you add the optional extra lenses and lense adapter, an extra storage disk, and AC addapter and that pushes it up around what you want to spend (mostly due to the memory disks. damn those things are expensive.)
Go to WalMart and try one out. It takes a pretty good shot for the money. I haven't found anyplace that has the camera, lenses, and addapter all at the same time, unfortunately, or i could tell you how much they help.
The lenses additional lenses are just a couple fixed focus lenses (x7 and x3 i think), but i've heard they can get you a real tight shot. Even without them, the macro option lets you get within about 6.5" and the width of the photo is about 2 inches.

If you really want to throw money at it, there are some amazing $1000 cameras by canon and nikon that have focal distances so short you could put them directly against the glass of your tank and get a perfect focus. Search in photography for digital camera. That's where i found all the links i was using for camparisons.

Ramble ramble
:bum: