PDA

View Full Version : Benthos farms U.S.A.

ghostbear29
05/06/2005, 10:45 AM
I just had a great experience with a vendor out of all places....Chandler Az. His name is Chris and he runs a store called Benthos farms. He primarily runs macro algae and live sand. He does have a internet site that is neatly constructed. I really enjoyed the service I got from his company and feel he is a great asset to the az reefkeepers. I would like to have him down in the future for a meeting and a speech for refuge and macro algaes. Also I think he is a meiofauna expert and can help with our DSBs and LR creatures.

among the items recieved were a HUGE amount of chaetomorpha sp. and some gracilaria parvispora as well. But my favorite piece is the Kallymenia sp. that has a deep blood red hue to it! His specimens were shipped extremely well and a great price for what he gives you. Also as a bonus he gave a half pound of LS for free. Lots of pods and worms to boot! Here is his info....

Benthos Farms
Christopher@benthosfarms.com

You can also reach him on grimreefers.com as oceanus as well.

Tucson_Phish
05/07/2005, 09:56 AM
Does he have a shop you can go and see?

OasisTF
05/07/2005, 02:05 PM
Tom,

Try :
http://www.benthosfarms.com/

Hector
[violation]

Tucson_Phish
05/07/2005, 03:08 PM
I did.. I mean a shop something we can go see

ghostbear29
05/07/2005, 09:07 PM
I have not asked him. But I suppose I could start a dialoge and see where it goes. I was thinking having him down for a meeting to talk sessile and motile invertebrates. Also nutrient export or something. Would be cool for a meeting. We will discuss further during this months meeting.

Tucson_Phish
05/07/2005, 10:38 PM
I agree I would love to meet him

I have Video equipment if we have guest speakers we should video tape them for group members that can not make the meetings... and for future meetings..

ghostbear29
05/09/2005, 12:31 PM
great idea! We can work it out with a schedule or other as needed. thanks tom
:p

ghostbear29
05/09/2005, 01:03 PM
I emailed Chris and we will see what he thinks. Well I gotta jet. I have to mail these turbo snails to him today. Later!

ghostbear29
05/10/2005, 08:33 PM
I contacted chris from benthos and he said he was flattered to be able to come to our meetings. I will work with Tom and the others and decide a good few dates which could work with chris. I will see about vis aids as well.