PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Angel and color change

SMS76
05/06/2005, 08:49 AM
-> Approximately, when do they start changing colors?
-> Does it depend upon food and tank mates?
-> Typically how long does it take for color change from juvenile to adult?

How about pics of stages of color changes;)

Milkshakeboi
05/06/2005, 08:58 AM
Well, you will notice that the top of the fish will turn white and the colours on it will start to fade slowly...It will than start to turn light yellow..This is where it gets tricky.You need to feed them with foods to improve colour and prevent it from getting any disease.

They can start at any size usually, the smaller the better..

The change can take up to 1 year or up to 10 months...

The one that you got in your pic is not near to changing yet..You can see that the top fin is still sooo blue....

Steven Pro
05/06/2005, 08:58 AM
Approximately, when do they start changing colors? - At around 4-6"

Does it depend upon food and tank mates? - Only in so much as that might affect growth.

Typically how long does it take for color change from juvenile to adult? - Several months from beginning to completion in my experience.

How about pics of stages of color changes - See here for more information and images,
http://www.wetwebmedia.com/marine/fishes/angels/pomacanthus/imperator.htm

SMS76
05/06/2005, 09:02 AM
Guys thanks for replies. Actually that's the old picture. Right now my juvenile has top which is turning white. he is around 3-3.5" in size and eats like pigs.
Only other big fish i have in my tank is yellow tang which was added after angel and so far they are doing good without any aggression towards each other.
I am feeding varieties of food. I feed them angel food containing sponges and home made frozen food consists for nori, shrimps, scallops, chopped clams, vitamins, garlic, brine shrimp, mysis shirmp, blood worms etc...
Tank gets fed two times and i also put nori sheet on clip.