PDA

View Full Version : Southdown locally?

jobryan26
05/05/2005, 04:33 PM
After reading another post I got to wondering who sells Southdown/etc. locally. I have been using CaribSea Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand in my tanks for a couple of years and after seeing Brent and Melissa's tank I started thinking about changing it to a smaller grade. According to Caribsea's website mine is 1.25 - 1.95 mm in size which looks like bolders compared to everyone elses.:rolleyes:

Oh like my sig? :beer:

benter
05/05/2005, 05:34 PM
Good Luck!! From what I have heard, it is not available in Florida..due to some "special agreement" between carib-sea, and the mining company..It is even mined out of Fort Pierce...I travel the state, and have looked at every home depot, lowes, and everything in between from jacksonville to west palm..even had the home depot sku# from someone where it was sold...no luck...let me know if you find it!!

jobryan26
05/05/2005, 05:53 PM
I have looked around also but didn't find anything that I thought was it. Curious, what are you using for substrate?

Fairfield Reef messaged me and he has some arriving on a skid coming next week maybe he could hook us up. Only bad thing is he's in Ohio.

jobryan26
05/05/2005, 05:58 PM
Dustin what do you carry? I see you lurking.:lol:

Maybe we could do a benter & jobryan26 group purchase.:D