PDA

View Full Version : Next step w/ Clownfish?

Avian
05/04/2005, 02:26 PM
My black ocellaris pair still has stingy feces. I have changed their diet, feeding formula 1&2 pellets with mysis and cyclo-peeze now, I have tried garlic. I just finished with pepso food two days ago and that didn't seem to work. Does anyone have a suggestion, or step by step process that worked for them.
They eat and act normal other then the feces.
Any suggestions would be appreciated!

SSweet1
05/24/2005, 08:10 PM
What exactly is stingy? I dont know how to answer your question, are they eating good? color is good? How is their breathing? Are their eyes clear? I just have never heard of what you are describing- sorry I cant be of more help, Carrie

Avian
05/24/2005, 08:41 PM
stringy...sorry...They both eat like pigs. I feed mysis and formula 1 and 2 pellets w/ cyclop-eeze. They have had normal feces since then but will sometimes display short stringy ones. Eyes are clear. Breathing is normal, although the female breathes slightly faster than the male, but not gasping. Their color is great, occasionally there will be a few scales upturned and will be replaced in a day or two. They are very active.

I have also noticed air bubbles coming from the anus of the female.

redfernsoljah
05/24/2005, 08:46 PM
completely normal for this to happen. It does not sound like they are being effected by this.

Avian
05/25/2005, 02:10 AM
yeah, they are quite a pair since they are so active. I talked with a marine biologist about this issue. He said that if that is the only negative thing you see then it would be nothing to worry about. Although the female does breathe a bit faster then the male, but not gasping. Nothing noticable from far away but if you get right on the glass you can a slightly faster paced breathing rate. She's been like that for months and her behavior hasn't changed...meaning she acts the same today as she did when I brought her home in late December. Maybe I just worry too much...thanks

SSweet1
05/31/2005, 09:21 AM
They may be ingesting the pellets too fast, I would mix the food in a little cup until they disolve and them feed them. My hippo will grab a huge chunk if she can and I notice if she really pigs out than she poops alot. sounds like they are healthy to me just greedy and not chewing their food haha just kidding, Carrie