PDA

View Full Version : Basic Beginner Package

mr9iron
01/23/2002, 09:05 PM
The wife and I are going back to Florida in may to visit some friends and to do a whole lot of snorkeling and possibly(if I get my rear in gear) to do some diving. This is all new to me so Im not sure what gear to get or where to get it at. I did find this package on the net it made by Dacor and its the Panther Mystere package. Is this the type of set up Im looking for? Keep in mind, I will be just a basic open water diver and of course snorkler.

http://www.diversdirect.com/specials.htm

Sorry the link dosent take you right to the package, but you can click on packages on the left then click on the Panther Mystere.

mr9iron
01/23/2002, 10:34 PM
bump;)

billsreef
01/23/2002, 11:16 PM
That package will cover your basic needs for mask fin and snorkel. I definately prefer the booty and open heel that they have for that package. I assume you'll be looking to rent the regulator and BC for the scuba end of things?

BTW I have gotten a couple of odds and ends from diver's direct and been happy :)

mr9iron
01/24/2002, 01:23 AM
Thank you Bill for the reply. I thought that might be a nice package to start out with, but I did find a better deal at www.leisurepro.com I found the Dacor Tiger Fins for 99.95 plus lots of other goodies for a better price. I just hope that their a reputable place to deal with. As for the rest of the gear, I will have to rent it, but thats not a big deal to me. My buddy is getting in good with a dive shop down there and say's he can get us some good deals on rentals. I cant wait to go im so excited.:D :D