PDA

View Full Version : Items for sale at the frag swap

dgasmd
04/30/2005, 08:37 PM
OK, I figured I would be the first to start a thread naming things I have available for sale at the frag swap. Feel free to reply not only about these items but also to post your items for sale. That frag swap will serve as a garage sale for equipment as well.

1. A single diamond lumenarc 3 reflector. This reflector will accept a mogul SE bulb of any size from 175 watt to 1000 watt. It is the best reflector in the market and you can see how good it is in Sanjay Jpshi's articles about reflectors. It blows the rest of them away. It is the same type f reflector I am using in my tank. It has a wire to it. I am looking for $90. They are $125 plus shipping each brand new. This one has never been used.

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/Stuff%20for%20sale/reflector.jpg

2. A dual 55g salt mixer or water storage unit. It consists of two 55g drums connected with a manifold of valves and unions. All it need is a pump. The drums ar made of plastic. These drums originally were used to transport sugars used in a chemical plant, so they will stand saltwater and not leak anything to the water. I used them for 2 years to mix saltwater and it made it such a breeze Turn 2 valves and miz your water. Turn one more and you put it in your sump. You can't make a water change easier than this. The reason I am selling them is because I just bought a 300g storage tank to replace these 2. I want to get $50 for each and you get the manifold for free;) Or, I will sell them individually if someone wants them separately.

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/Stuff%20for%20sale/mixer-1.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/Stuff%20for%20sale/mixer-3.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/Stuff%20for%20sale/mixer-4.jpg

More to follow:D

dgasmd
04/30/2005, 08:38 PM
. 60g True cube tank. This is a custom made 60g acrylic tank 24"x24"x24". It includes a stand and canopy that are stained but I did a terrible job at it and needs painting over. It has a sump that occupies most of the space under the tank ith a single baffle. The sump comes with a 1.5" drain and bulkhead. The return pump is a iwaki 30 that works very very well for this size tank. There are two SEIO 620 pumps also for circulation, wich is really overkill with the return pump. The lighting consist of a single 150 watt electronic Blueline e-ballast and a DE pendant with a 14000K Aquaconnect bulb that is about 5 months old. More than plenty of light for this tank. No livestock is included. All plumbing included. The tank is currently very abandoned as I can only really pay attention to one tank. Coralline all over the place, so you would have to clean it up yourself. If I was to clean it, I probably would not sell it. I would liek to get $700 for everything as is. Pictures below are from when it was first set up.

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-1.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-2.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-3.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-4.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-5.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-7.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-8.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-12.jpg

http://www.kpdg.com/alberto/60g%20cube/cube-11.jpg

Spearfish
05/02/2005, 05:19 PM
What are the measurements on the reflector???

dgasmd
05/02/2005, 06:59 PM
19.5"x19.5"x7"

DC321
05/04/2005, 07:30 AM
I purchased this from Alberto with the plan of getting a new tank with a closed loop, but set up my old 120 instead. If I can't have at least 500 gallons, no use upgrading. This is the post from Alberto that describes the pump. I will pass it along for the same price I bought it for. It is still in the box shipped right from Dolphin. I already have one new one as a spare.

"I have an AmpMaster 3000 pump that I bought 2 years ago brand new for sale. A month ago, I sent it back to Dolphin for a seal replacement. They replaced the seals and also replaced the bearings. In their own words: "this is a brand new pump for all practical purposes since the 3 main components in a pump (seal, bearing, and motor) are no different than a new pump in the box at the store."

I also have a 29 gallon tank, light hood (not the good stuff) and stand for sale or trade for cool blue / purple or brightly colored frags. It is in very good condition. You can see it at my house this coming meeting.

I also have the coolest motorcycle trailer for sale. Nothing to do with aquariums, but I am selling it.

See you on the 28th.

DC

KING OF THE REEF
05/04/2005, 09:49 AM
hmm I might as well jump in here. I have 2 fluval 104 canister filters. All like new. Work great!!! Paid $48 each. I would like to sell them for about $55 as I have put money into upgrading the intake tube and the return spray nozzel plus the flexible tubing I bought. If anyone is interested please let me know as I will bring it to the meeting since I cannot attend the frag swap as I must be out of town. Thanks and BY THE WAY ALBERTO I love that 60 cube. Too bad I cannot afford it lol

Carl_in_Florida
05/04/2005, 04:56 PM
Alberto, could you post a link to the frag swap info?

Carl

dgasmd
05/04/2005, 06:33 PM
http://www.pbmas.org/fusion_forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=24&thread_id=55

If you look in the forum of the PBMAS site, ther eis a section called " Club Events and Announcements" and under that is the "Meeting schedule announcements" sub forum. That is where all the meeting info will be posted in addition to the calendar.

Carl_in_Florida
05/04/2005, 09:33 PM
I thought I looked at both of those but I must have missed it.

Thanks

dgasmd
05/05/2005, 05:25 AM
Some of the forums and some other things in the website are only viewable by club members only for a number of reasons. I am not sure that is one, but it my may be. I have to check as it probably should not be.

DC321
05/05/2005, 06:58 AM
I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but I cannot log in to the PBMAS website. All I can do is lurk.

DC321

dgasmd
05/05/2005, 10:38 AM
If you guys are having problems, email tim from here or at his email below. His name here is the same TimD;

droz@droz.net

dgasmd
05/05/2005, 04:19 PM
Other items to add:

2x 300 watt Ebo-Jager heaters used maybe once! $15 each.

DC321
05/06/2005, 09:12 PM
Items to add:

6 beckett Foamers

2 Hofer Gurgle Buster standpipes 1"

dpdash
05/07/2005, 08:51 AM
When is the meeting/frag swap, May 28th or June 25th?

dgasmd
05/07/2005, 10:36 AM
June 25th.

Ludwigia73
05/09/2005, 07:22 AM
I plan on having lots of xenia, green sinularia, some zoos, yellow cucumbers, and maybe a hammer frag. I'll also be bringing various used light setups, all pc and n.o. flourescents. Maybe a powerhead or two.

DC321
05/19/2005, 01:57 PM
Pinpoint Salinity monitor and probe
Brand new Won 300 watt heater

LawnTodd
05/19/2005, 04:10 PM
Is the won digital?
Todd

DC321
05/19/2005, 08:19 PM
The Won is a titanium 350, not digital.

Bocaswim
05/20/2005, 07:37 PM
Orange digitata with green base from ORA $10
Blue Fuzzy Stag Acro from ORA $15
Green Millipora (large frag) from ORA $15
Rose Millipora from ORA $15
Tri Colored Purple Valida from AC $15
Green Slimer (from Yikan on RC) $15
Miyagi Tort (A. Austera) Large frag $25
Huge Figi Blue tip frag 4" multi-branch $25
(2) Marshall Island Frags from ORA
still on plug no room in my tank, paid $40 each will sell for $25

dgasmd
05/21/2005, 08:51 AM
I would like to remind you that the frag swap will be at the July meeting, just a month away. It is great to see so many of you already posting things you have available and voicing interest in other people's items.Please refrain yourself from doing any trading/selling until then. We are a small club still with very few people. If you are all doing all the trading and selling before the event, it leaves pretty much nothing for the event itself and it defeats the purpose of having an official annual frag swap in the first place. I know we can all get inpatient at times when we want a certain frag someone else has, but believe me they are going nowhere. Please, by all means make arrangements with other people as to what frags you are trading/selling at the meting and such, but please refrain from doing the transaction until then. This is also the first, of hopefully a long yearly tradition, of these swaps and we want to make it worth coming for everyone. If you have any particular problems or issues with this
request, please email me directly.

See you next week a Dan's place,
Alberto
PBMAS President

KING OF THE REEF
05/23/2005, 12:26 PM
Ok I have the following:

2 Fluval 104 canister filters like new (MUST SELL)
4 frags of Kenya Trees all mounted. will trade or sell ($5 each)
1 rock with a few Anthellia polyps and a Xenia colony trade or sell ($10)
will have Cheato in small clumps ($2)
1 rock covered with Brown Button Polyps Will trade or sell ($7)
1 UFZ (unidentified zoanthid) about 10- 15 polyps maybemore by the time the swap takes place TRADE ONLY
and finally
1 large cabage leather Coral (must get rid of) Trade or sell ($8)

If you are interested please email me or pm me with any reservation of corals or questions. Also you can call my cell phone at 561-543-6915. knifefish6@yahoo.com Also if there is a specific softie you are looking for please ask as I have added many large colonies of new things to my tank in the last 2 months. Alberto did you mention something about us being allowed to bring a samll tank to the frag swap as a way to display the corals? I thought i saw something like that on the clubs site under the meeting thing. Just wondering. Thanks for the time

KING OF THE REEF
05/25/2005, 09:48 AM
ok have already sold a few things
the cabbage leather is gone
2 clumps of cheato are gone
and 2 kenya tree frags are gone

all were sold to a member of our club and wil be recieved at the frag swap.

still sitting on a lot of stuff please make offers

Flamehawk
06/12/2005, 02:47 AM
Alberto, im interested in the LumenArc reflector . I can pick up at the Swap if nobody else has dibs on it. JOHNNY

Auryn
06/16/2005, 03:17 PM
will anyone have any small zoo frags for sale at the swap?
I plan on joining the club that day

you all seem like a nice enough bunch of folks :)

dgasmd
06/16/2005, 06:18 PM
PBMAS June meeting and First Annual Frag Swap

Guys and gals:

The PBMAS june meeting and the first PBMAS Yearly Frag Swap are just around the corner. They will take place on Saturday June 25th at Alberto Perez Dimaggio's house. Given that we are trying to combine 2 events into one at the same location/time and because of personal limitations of the host, we are going to have some restrictions. Read below for more details.

FRAG SWAP INFO

The frag swap will begin at 5 PM and end by 7 PM. You are all highly encouraged to trade and sell/buy livestock during this time. If you have any hardware for sale, you can bring it to the meeting to sale also. There will be a table where you can set up your livestock and hardware for sale.

Paid PBMAS Members
For paid PBMAS Members, the cost to participate in the frag swap is free. If you want to bring a small tank to set up and display your livestock for sale, you will be charged a $10 fee that will go straight to the club. You will be required to bring everything and anything you will need to display/hold/mantain your items for sale including any equipment, extension cords, saltwater, bags, boxes, buckets, etc. Other than a table to support such items and a power source, nothing else will be provided.

Non paid frag swap participants
We are welcoming anyone and everyone to come and participate in our first annual frag swap. You DO NOT have to be a PBMAS paid member to participate, but there will be a $10 "donation" required to participate. We will waive this fee if you become a paid member at the frag swap. If you would like to set up a small tank to display your items for sale, we will require a $20 "donation", which will be cut by 50% if you become a paid member during the meeting. You will be required to bring everything and anything you will need to display/hold/mantain your livestock including any equipment, extension cords, saltwater, bags, boxes, buckets, etc. Other than a table to support such items and a power source, nothing else will be provided. All non-members will be expected to end all trading/buying/selling by 7 PM as our MEMBERS ONLY meeting will start then.

PBMAS MEETING INFO

Alberto has a new 750g tank dedicated to SPS. His tank is 6 months old and was started 90%+ from frags, lots of which came from his previous tank. Although this is a very large tank/system by most people's standards, it is a relatively new tank. So, don't expect your socks to be blown off. He also recently moved in from out of state, so don't expect to find much furniture either.

The June meeting will begin at 7 PM and end by 8:30 PM and will be for paid PBMAS MEMBERS ONLY. Alberto has very small children that have early bedtimes and as anyone that have small children will tell you if they don't sleep every minute they need you pay for it with interest. There will be a raffle of some items at the meeting too. Snacks and drinks are also going to be provided, but there will be no alcohol served. Alberto also asks that you DO NOT smoke inside or outside of his house. He is a physician trained in a worldwide famous institution, and he gives you a full guarantee that you will not die if you don't smoke for 2-3.5 hours. Please DO NOT bring any alcoholic beverages either. You are welcomed to bring children, but this is no Neverland Ranch. So, you are expected to attend to them.

You will be required to RSVP by June 24th at the latest. You can do this by emailing alberto at dgasmd@netscape.net . When you RSVP, you must state the complete name of every person attending and their online name as well.

Look forward to seeing everyone,
Alberto Perez Dimaggio, MD
PBMAS President

PS: Yes, I love to speak of myself in the 3rd person

KING OF THE REEF
06/17/2005, 01:06 PM
well you asked a day to late i sold all the zoos but i think i can still manage to get one more of the orange with whitish mouthed zoos that i have fragged. theyt will be $8 for 3-5 polyps as i ordered them from frag farmer dot com and paid a heck of a lot of money for them pm me if you ant them

LawnTodd
06/17/2005, 09:18 PM
I have a Turaki frag. I'm looking for an Oregon Tort or something of the same caliper.
Todd