PDA

View Full Version : The male's holding again!

monkeyboy
01/22/2002, 08:47 PM
Yesterday they were at it again, rubbing, nipping, the works, but they never actually exchanged the eggs. So today while the male didn't have a mouth full I loaded him up w/ mysis shrimp. When I came home from work today he was carrying. The refugium for the babies is all hooked up and established (even w/ a good pod population), Guy sent me some prawn eggs (thanks again!), and now I'm going to wait it out. The aborted last time (spawned on christmas) before the 3rd day, i'll be happy if he hangs on for more than 3 days at the least. Wish him luck! :thumbsup:
Kevin

Reefette
01/22/2002, 09:33 PM
Good luck!!

:D

FMarini
01/22/2002, 11:04 PM
Kevin:
See this gets easier and easier each time. Sounds like your locked, stocked, and ready for the next batch. Pretty soon you can take over my forum here.

Great success......

I'm crossing my fingers for YA
frank

monkeyboy
01/25/2002, 10:27 PM
Well it's the end of day 4 (do you count the day that they do the switch as day 1?) and he hasn't swallowed, spat, ate, sampled, or dumped the eggs. Here's the happy couple, the male's in the back w/ the mouthfull.

http://kevinsreef.tripod.com/eggbanggais.jpg

:D

Reefette
01/25/2002, 10:34 PM
Great pic!!

:cool:

FMarini
01/26/2002, 09:22 AM
Congrats on attempt #2.
The male looks fantastic w/ the indicative "bulldog" appearance.
You sound ready to roll. We will all cross our fingers for a perfect gestation.
How i start counting is the first time my male REFUSES food. Day after egg transfer.
tick tock
Keep us informed
frank

monkeyboy
01/26/2002, 05:17 PM
Doh! He aborted, well, always next month. Thanks guys!

Guy
01/26/2002, 11:42 PM
Big Bummer? I'm so sorry. I'm really curiuos what the problem might be. :(

My male held to full term this time and then only spit out a pair of fry :( Now I have 2 Banggers to raise... I'm finding it just as easy to raise 20 as it is to raise 2. LOL

I wish you the best this time!!