PDA

View Full Version : Light vs Food

Tucson_Phish
04/23/2005, 10:50 PM
I hear many people talk about feeding Anemones this is where I drew my conclusion from

I have tried it and it works for me :hmm2:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34041&highlight=anemone

I would like to know what other do and what they think:cool:

OasisTF
04/24/2005, 01:45 AM
We prefer to feed our anemones...for various reason no wonder my carpets, and rose anemones and all others thrive...I have never heard of not feeding....JUST my 2 cents and we will leave at that.

In my opinion if someone is not feeding them directly, they have to be getting food somehow.

Hector
Oasis Tropical Fish

owsi
04/24/2005, 08:44 AM
I would never consider not feeding them, but be aware the are nutreint exporters, and watch the amount. I've seen many people over feed when new, just showing them off to friends. I used to feed twice a week according to size, sometimes only once a week. Think about what it would get in nature. John

Satori
04/24/2005, 09:30 AM
I've never directly fed my condi anenome in almost a year. However, when I feed the fish a half a cube of brine shrimp or mysis shrimp every three days or so, some of it ends up being caught by the condi.

Satori
04/24/2005, 09:44 AM
Sorry for the blurry picture, but my condi got a huge meal a few months ago. He caught and ate a relatively large coral banded shrimp.

http://members.cox.net/myaquarium/condi_eating_shrimp.jpg

OasisTF
04/24/2005, 11:46 AM
John......Is correct many hobbyist over feed them...I feed them a 1/4 of an inch shrimp, scallops,raw fish, oyster, frozen Ocean Nutrition cubes, flakes; etc. Very small amounts every other day.

Hector
Oasis Tropical Fish

Tucson_Phish
04/26/2005, 12:54 AM
I'm not sure if any of you read the thread it is very long and as you read it is very confusing for some.

they could not get it through there heads Dr. Ron was not telling them to turn off there lights and just feed.. he was saying feeding is just as important as light and if your light conditions are less than perfect you can supplement the light with food..

Man does not live by light alone.....:beer:

breakn
04/26/2005, 09:02 PM
sorry to get off subject but i was wondering if anybody has a culture of phytoplankton that i could get to start mine i am in tucson

owsi
04/26/2005, 09:33 PM
Breakin, Put your post on the Sierra Vista post also and you might get lucky, someone down there grows thiers. John

Tucson_Phish
04/29/2005, 12:02 AM
How many of you have Anemones?

I have two
a Seabe and a BTA both are doing great

I feed them everyother day one silverside everyother day