PDA

View Full Version : Exec Meetings?

Howieytown
04/23/2005, 09:49 AM
What about executive comittee meetings?
I know you guys pm and email each other about our club workings and its very nessicary but it also keeps things kinda private and possibly making others think they are missing out on some things or the progress of the club.
Executive committee meetings are informal and usually where at someones home or resturant and are something we did with the Power Squadron.
The "Exec's" which included the clubs higher archy and team/comittee leaders, hashed out problems, squared away the details and official stuff and actually gave us a plan for the general membership meetings and made them less wordy and more enjoyable.

just my two cents, and yes two cents are valuable especially the coins from the cival war

ONAGI
04/23/2005, 10:00 AM
There really aren't any executive meetings. We plan for the meetings but all the information we exchange is also exchanged with members at the meeting, hence, the wordyness. Members are not missing any information.

The only thing that isn't shared is the coordination and organization of pulling things together. For example, speaking to possible presenters, partnering with vendors for group buys and discounts for livestock buys at future meetings and etc.

STACKER
04/23/2005, 10:03 AM
Exec. meetings what we have the week preceeding the general meeting in another club I'm in. We deal with issues to be or not to be floored and or voted on. This keeps the meeting geared forward. but, exec. meetings are closed to membership unless you are invited or request inclusion. Works well and exec. decisions are presented in a report of officers/commitees/agents immediately following the role call and reading of minutes.

tidal
04/23/2005, 12:02 PM
i think you guys are getting a little ahead of your selfes.. maybe in the future that may be an option. heck its hard enough to get a member meeting going. besides we dont even have the higher arky VOTED in place yet..

ONAGI
04/24/2005, 07:30 AM
Just a little tidal, but not really. We need to fill the committe positions and then this needs to be done ASAP thereafter. This is the function that is missing that is essential to distribute the work load and have people oversee designated projects. This would improve the function of the club and keep the projects on their timelines.