PDA

View Full Version : Trade SCUBA lessons for cuttings in AZ

olin
01/20/2002, 07:44 PM
I am an PADI instructor located in the Tucson area and I am looking to increase the variety of corals in my tanks. I would love to trade classroom and pool instruction for a few cuttings. My tanks are mainly set up for soft corals (I haven't had the courage to try SPS yet) but I would be willing to give SPS a shot if there are any cuttings that could live with 2 VHO's over a 55. Tucson divers would be easiest, but if you are willing to travel to Tucson for a day, other locales would be great as well. I would also be willing to go up to Phoenix for a day if we could get a small group together. For the openwater checkout dives, a weekend in San Carlos, Mexico usually runs about $300, but again, if I can get a group together, I can charter a live-aboard boat for the weekend which will cost a bit less. Plus, you get unlimited diving after your checkout dives on the live-aboard and the crew does all the cooking for you! (That's my favorite way to go!) If you don't want to go with me to Mexico, just about any dive shop in the world recognizes PADI confined water certification and they can do your checkout dives for you. It would be great to get together a group that knows a bit about aquariums, diving adds a whole new dimension to the hobby. I would also be willing to trade lessons for reef-related items such as pumps, skimmers, lighting, etc.
I also have tank-raised gold striped maroon clowns as well as clarks clowns I would be happy to trade or sell.
Olin