PDA

View Full Version : Some Photo Attempts

sschafer
01/20/2002, 03:36 PM
Well, I got ahold of my fathers digital camera and decided to play around with it today. I took about 20 shots, but because of the curvature of my tank only 2 came out semi-acceptable. Hopefully I will do everything right and you'll be able to see them here.

Here one of my recent acquisitions. Had a rough first week, but is doing great now.

sschafer
01/20/2002, 03:40 PM
Looks like I can only poste one at a time unless I reference them to a website. Unfortunately I don'y have one set up right now.

Anyhow, here is my Red Sea Sailfin that I've had for around two years now. Love this fish, wouldn't trad him for anything. The G0ld-bar Maroon, however, is available if anyone is interested in him. :D (By the way, does anyone in the club have a fish trap?) I'm going to try and take some more photos later using the tripod.

Steve

JB NY
01/20/2002, 03:54 PM
Good pics. I like the Anthias, looks good.

Gary Majchrzak
01/20/2002, 05:39 PM
Fantastic! Can't wait to see it live- you gonna' host NEXT? I have a friend that bought 'the trap',I'll see if he'll let us use it....Gary

ReeferMac
01/21/2002, 08:41 AM
Nice Pics Steve,

I've got all the space you need on my server, then you can just link to usr.myip.org/steve/ (once I get the account setup of course).

It's on Time Warner's network, not your's, so you needent worry :-)

Shoot me an email at home (kmcdona1@rochester.rr.com) if you want me to hook you up.

I've had luck catching fish using an old plastic soda bottle... depending on the size of the fish you can use a 16 oz, 20oz, or 2L. Bring an empty soda bottle to Dave's on Saturday and I'll show you.

And you can skip the tripod - I just pile books up on a table or chair and slap that in front of the tank :D

- Mac

Gary Majchrzak
01/21/2002, 09:27 AM
Hey, reeferMac- I thought I invented that soda bottle trick! It should work on a clownfish.sschafer- how long have you had that squareback Anthias?

sschafer
01/21/2002, 06:13 PM
Gary,

I have had the Anthias for about a month now. He is much bolder and more active then when I first got him. He is also a voracious eater, even attacks the dried seaweed I feed the tang. Next meeting? Hmm, I think I'll have to pass. My apartment isn't big enough for everyone and we are in the midst of wedding planning and house hunting. Heck, I'm lucky I even get to go to the meeting on Saturday! Plus, my tank isn't very interesting. I'll post a pic. It has basically been a fish tank with live rock in it for the past two years. I've never really been very interested in SPS, but after seeing a few of the local keepers' tanks I definately want to get into it big time. That being said, you are certainly welcome to come over and visit in small groups.

Like my canopy? Ha, put lots of time and effort into that! If I had only spent the time a couple of years ago before the tank was set up. Then again, I had no idea you guys existed and may have done everything wrong. I'd really like to build a nice canopy with MH lighting etc. I need a new sump as well and I'd like to build a nice stand that can incorporate a refugium. One of these days I'll have the time start these projects. I've got big plans once I find a house!

Steve

sschafer
01/21/2002, 06:24 PM
Mac,

I actually used an 8oz "salad" container with a hole cut in the top to get that darn Neon dottyback out of the tank. The clown didn't fall for it though. He's probably too big for that trap anyhow. On another note, where did you get that acrylic tube you are going to use for a skimmer? Local?

Thanks for the server info. I'll e-mail you. Looks like I need a polarized lense to get rid of the glare in the photos, at least if they are head on shots.

Steve

ReeferMac
01/21/2002, 07:13 PM
On another note, where did you get that acrylic tube you are going to use for a skimmer? Local?

Laird plastics. They're down on Lake. Just look 'em up in the phone book and ask for a quote on what you want. Got my piece for 42 bucks.

- Mac