PDA

View Full Version : We Finally Moved

Jerry Gonzales
01/20/2002, 11:01 AM
Well the big day came on last Tuesday. I Hate MOVING:mad2: I moved my tanks on Thursday with the help of Troy and Karin, Wich I am very thankful too. Well It was a nightmare if I ever had one with moving my tanks. It was so damn cold to begin with. The temp dropped on everthing. When I set up a temperary spot for the tank. I got all messed up from there. When placing my rock in the tank I hit my heater and POW!!!! gave me a good jolt. Well it also took out my other heater with it. So here I am trying to finish unloading everthing, meanwhile my water is getting cold. And I mean cold.:eek1: I rushed over to a pet store and purchased a heater. I am still hoping for the best. I also lost my yellow tang.:( . I am still looking for a larger tank. Hopefully I find one soon, or I will just set up my 75g again. I have moved my tanks many times over the years and this has to be the worst by far........ Well wish me luck. I finally see why people leave the hobby
Jerry:blown:

ojreef
01/20/2002, 01:45 PM
Hi Jerry,

Congratulations on your move and the new house.:beer:

Sorry about the problems you encountered with the moving of the tanks but, I'm sure in the long run you will make lemonaid out of the lemon. Your tank looked SUPER and just know in your heart it will all turn out for the better.:thumbsup:

SeaMatt Nematocyt
01/21/2002, 01:11 PM
Aww Jerry...
Man that sounds like a bad nightmare! I am sorry to hear about your Tang. I fear the worst when I move which may happen in the next 6 months. This brings me to a little question. Maybe it will be answered at the next meeting with discussions on moving tanks.

What do you guys think about helping each other out when people move tanks? What I am saying here is maybe Jerry's Tang would not have been lost had we an open phone list of people to call in emergencies. "Hey Matt, it's Jerry and my tang is looking like a cold glass of lemonaid! Can I put him in your tank for a bit?"

Now I know that some people would be leary about introducing possible infections, or rather the host tank would not be in the best conditions for this request.

Heck, even floating a bag in somebodies tank would be better and less stressful than cold buckets and muddy water.

Let me know what you all think.

-Matt

JEMichael IV
01/21/2002, 08:25 PM
Hi Jerry, man I feel you. As you remember I just moved my tank and had some loses. I mean it wasnt from house to house, but it was far enough (3 floors)

If there is anything you need let me know if I have it laying around you can borrow it.

I know what you mean about wanting to leave the hobby. I lost some fish and some corals during my move, and now tank went through a small cycle and I think it still is, new algea growing everywhere, its really dissapointing. But I know that patience and lots of beeeer will get me through the time it will take to get that established tank with no problems again! :)

MayerKT
01/22/2002, 10:18 AM
yeah, I second that John. Beer :beer: or Crown Royale :D But for you, not the fishies :D

Whats the update Jerry? Any new (and good hopefully) news? Need a place for things to go for a bit? Our tank (although small) is always open.

Jerry Gonzales
01/23/2002, 12:38 AM
Thanks everyone. I will give you a call Karin. Most of my corals have deceased. My beloved leather is gone. My green brain is barely hanging on. I only have 1 sps left, and some other things. I just can't believe it happened that way.. Me and my wife thought it over, and we just kinda got angry that they wouldn't let me set up a tank here at our new house. All I needed was a week before we closed on the house to set up a tank for everything. " Ohh Well " I will slowly get a tank going again.
Jerry:)

ericb
01/23/2002, 07:54 AM
That totally sucks, Jerry. I know how you feel, cause I lost just about everything when I moved a couple months ago. I'm sure you'll get your tank going again in no time, though.

I've already decided that next time I move, I'm keeping the old place for an extra month. That way I can set up a tank at the new place, cycle, and then move all livestock. Maybe then nothing will die.

If anyone else is moving, my tank is available to "store" some livestock. Also, I have a pickup and can help move tanks and equipment.

Eric

SeaMatt Nematocyt
01/23/2002, 10:51 AM
Again, I am so sorry to hear about this Jerry. I could not imagine how I would feel if my tank crashed that bad.
I stress the importance of helping each other out. That is why we are in a club. When moves happen we need to be able to count on our friends to help out by storing their critters durning bad times. Also, I know some LFS will actually rent out space for your stuff until you get your tank cycled.

Cheers,

Jerry Gonzales
01/24/2002, 12:17 AM
Matt,
I wish I would have thought about some of those thiings during my time of crisis. But unfortunatly I had my computer in a box. I would have much rather have gave all my corals away, then seeing them die. Well when someone else moves, wich I am sure will happen. We can all give a helping hand. Heck!!! If Karin and Troy hadn't left. They would have went home some happy customers... Jerry:)

SeaMatt Nematocyt
01/24/2002, 01:35 PM
Yeah I know. I would wish for the same thing. This kind of stuff happens. I am just hoping we can all jump on the bandwagon and offer numbers and put a phone or contact list on the page. We can print it up and hang on the refrigerator or something.
I am just trying to find ways for us all to learn from this and make things easier for others in the future.
Anyone can reach me on my cell phone 303.475.5347 (Yes Karin, Troy, this is correct this time)

Jerry, I have a few small frags that are growing in my tank now. Give it some time and they are yours.

stevenc64
01/24/2002, 08:41 PM
Hi Jerry,
Sorry to hear about your tank. Let us know when your tank is back in order and I'm sure we (the club) will be able to fill it up with some nice frags. I'll put aside a couple of frags with your name on them today.
Steve

Jerry Gonzales
01/24/2002, 11:20 PM
Right On:D Thanks to everyone!!!
Jerry

MayerKT
01/25/2002, 02:48 PM
Hey ya'll

next time you do a water change......make sure to pour a little water out for Jerry's Tank. You know, pay some respects :)

Get it? Like pouring a bit of 40 out for your homie :bum:? Get it?

hmmm.... :hmm6: never mind. another futile attempt at humor.

Jerry Gonzales
01/26/2002, 12:53 AM
Karin what did they put in the water up ther in Michigan:beer:
Your a nut:eek2: , lol Jerry

Castle Rock Reef
01/29/2002, 11:57 AM
Jerry,

We have been pretty busy lately, but the fragged leathers and stuff that we have gotten from you are doing great. Let me know what you need, and I will throw you some of frags back your way.

Sorry for your losses.

Jim