PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to join!

carlisimo1969
04/21/2005, 10:10 AM
After talking with Spike last night at the LFS, I decided I should join the club. I'm alway's in need of advice and ideas...being a newbie reefer on a budget isn't easy.

I can see myself in the misty future with 1000's of gallons worth of tanks in my basement bunker. It's a great hobby and I'm constantly learning. There are so many different methods, techniques and approaches to a healthy reef, it gets a little overwhelming, but never boring.

Currently I have a 55gal with 2 magnums, 8w UV and 260w PC's. I've been pleased and succesful for the most part so far. I'm in the process of building a 75 gal sump/refugium in my basement, it should be up and running by summer. (the first step towards the basement reef bunker! My wife can see what's coming and seems a little nervous)

So...I want in...is there a secret handshake or codeword?

Aquabucket
04/21/2005, 10:28 AM
Welcome aboard!

The club is as informal as it gets. All you have to do is show up to the meetings ~ no dues or politics. Most if not all decisions are made here within the forum. Meetings are all about talking reefs, trading frags, brief presentations from the host, and getting to know other reefers in the area.

Hope to see you at the next meeting in May!

~Spike

Zombies026
04/21/2005, 10:30 AM
The first rule of Reef club is we don't talk about Reef club..Second rule of Reef club is we don't talk about Reef club..Had 2 do it saw the movie lastnight and someone around here said it before,so wow I guess I can't come up with anything new..LoL..Anyways welcome aboard and hang on tight..

carlisimo1969
04/21/2005, 10:33 AM
It's nice to be a part of...that which shall not be mentioned.

kass03
04/21/2005, 01:39 PM
What club? :lolspin:

Welcome Carlisimo!

I'm still working on the secret handshake but...it's a secret.

kass

jmkarcz
04/21/2005, 07:14 PM
We don't even have name tags... just remember everyone by their avatar. When I see spike I now just see that incesant drip thing. ;)

Welcome aboard... as we begin our journey... I'd like to remind you to keep your hands and arms inside at all times.

Jason

daddavis1
04/21/2005, 10:40 PM
I just want you to know I look nothing like Dilbert!

Welcome

carlisimo1969
04/22/2005, 08:45 AM
Man o man! Thanks for all the kind welcomes.
This is so exciting...I've never really been in a club before. If you don't count the "Tall Goofy-Looking Guys Without Fashion Sense Club" or the well respected "Yes Dear! Husbands Who Know Who's Really in Charge Club".

With regards to the avatar Digger...it would be alright even if you did look like Dilbert, he's a fairly suave fellow. I don't look like an alien. I've been accused of being an alien, but that's different.