PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2?

cjdevito
07/07/2000, 06:57 PM
Anyone besides me sinking ungodly amounts of free time into this beastie? I'm wondering if there are enough reefers into it to get up a good game on battle.net :)

jimhobbs
07/07/2000, 07:12 PM
Nay, haven't tried that one yet :D How 'bout 'Halflife'?...Any takers on a game of that?? :)

Best regards...jim

wayne
07/07/2000, 07:46 PM
CJ that would be cool! start a reefer clan, everyone would think the wrong think about us but what the heck.

I haven't gotten 2 yet, havent seen it in any stores around here. I did get Diablo back out last month to refresh myself on tactics and the game.

How does 2 play? I've read nothing but great reviews on it.

wayne

------------------
Visit our piece of the reef at http://www.c-gate.net/~pierce

cjdevito
07/07/2000, 08:18 PM
We'd have to be clan Devil's Reef or maybe The Fighting Hellfish, I think :)

As for how it stacks up, it's bloody amazing. It has some minor annoyances, but I frankly haven't enjoyed a game this much since Civ2. The replay value is incredible... 5 classes with 30 different skills each, and you build your character by selecting which skills to develop. Add in three difficulty levels (with some items only found on the higher difficulty levels), a 'hardcore' mode (one death and your character is wiped for good) for the masochists, and completely free internet play, and, hey, I'm stoked :D

enutees
07/07/2000, 10:21 PM
I didn't know it was out yet.

I'm up for the "Fanworm Clan"

Martyn
07/08/2000, 01:10 AM
LOL thats strange I just started playing it last week.
but only got to act three so far so have not tried nightmare or hell yet.
Martyn

[This message has been edited by Martyn (edited 07-08-2000).]

IFLY2HIGH
07/08/2000, 09:04 PM
How bout some Starcraft/Brood War or even Quake III??

:D

------------------
- Eric

My Homepage (http://lindquistfamily.net/eric/)

wayne
07/08/2000, 11:48 PM
Well I got Diablo 2 at Walmart yesterday for 46.00. I tried to get onling last night and they seem to only have 2 servers. 1 in Europe and one for the West Coast. Needless to say, the west coast was too busy.

I still havent gotten through the first "act".

wayne

------------------
Visit our piece of the reef at http://www.c-gate.net/~pierce

jimhobbs
07/09/2000, 05:55 AM
Halflife-Halflife-Halflife-Halflife-Halflife-Halflife

You guys really should try this! :eek: Game of the year by several sources! :) Combines Quake action with Stephen King storylines! :eek:
Free demo download here Halflife if you dare!! (http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10034-100-904678.html) Only the brave should apply!...No Quake wussies or Doom kiddies need apply! ;)

Have fun guys!...jim

Q-ball
07/09/2000, 06:33 AM
Actually guys, Half-Life, Counterstike mod is really fun at the LAN parties I've been to. 10vs10, counterterrorists trying to stop terrorists from killing the hostages. Really fun...Just picked up Soldier of Fortune this weekend, and while it looks really fun, gonna have to wait til I upgrade my memory & video card a bit. What are you guys running btw, I have a 12mb voodoo2 (bout 2years old now, hehe) and I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a new GeForce2 64mb accelerator. Any thoughts? Oh yeah, how bout Clan FishHeads? :D

Q!!!

------------------
Got tired of the last signature, and haven't
come up with a new one yet, so go read something else
=;o)~

IFLY2HIGH
07/09/2000, 07:19 AM
Hum, Halflife doesn't look that bad. They need a MAC version!! Oh well, guess I'll have to wait till I rebuild my software on my PC today. :(

Can it be played over the internet also??

------------------
- Eric

My Homepage (http://lindquistfamily.net/eric/)

coralhound
07/10/2000, 02:56 PM
I used to LAN party and stuff with my buds the last hot ones were QIII and Counterstrike (halflife)

LOTS of wasted time although fun

CH

wayne
07/10/2000, 05:06 PM
CJ, (and anyone else interested)
I've got a palladin by the name of OpenBrain if you ever see me online drop in. Or can you search in this ver?

Or, ICQ (37878603) me and maybe we can start a game ourselves.... if they ever open another realm beside the west coast. Good grief it's way too busy righ now.

wayne

[This message has been edited by wayne (edited 07-10-2000).]

cjdevito
07/11/2000, 11:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wayne:
I've got a level 13 palladin in single player <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an open character. The other kind you're talking about (1 death and they're gone) is a hardcore character.

Rogue NPCs in act I are pretty much punching bags by the latter parts of the act. They can be helpful when you first get access to them, and they can be -very- helpful as human shields when you go up against a big boss and need to keep them off you for a few crucial seconds, but that's about all they're good for.

Oh, and Chessman, a bowazon? Heh. Spearazons rule :D

newreefman1
07/11/2000, 11:59 PM
Oh and watch out for those pks and hackers..they are a plenty on battle.net

I used to be a huge brood war fan and still play every so often. I now have gotten into quakeIII and love it. What a great game. Especially if you have good ping(i have cable).

have fun
j

cjdevito
07/12/2000, 01:46 AM
Wayne, do what I'm doing: play an 'open' character. You won't be able to use it in Realm games, but you can use it single player off-line and use it multiplayer through battlenet with other 'open' characters. Gets around the headache of dealing with battlenets growing pains.

Chessman
07/12/2000, 05:54 AM
I've killed diablo!! I was lucky enough to be selected for the stress test, so have been playing the game for around a month now.

Blizzard has been having problems with battle.net. Evidently the stress test didn't prepare them fully for the response they got (they should have had a clue when they had over 2 million presales of the game).

When I killed diablo, I got this cool 2handed sword sale value 20,000! Too bad I'm a bow using amazon...

wayne
07/12/2000, 06:23 AM
I noticed yesterday they had added an East Coast Realm ... of course it was down but at least it's there. I tried starting a barbarian named Urchin ... I'll try an open character ... are they the type that once your killed, your dead? Or is that different?

I've got a level 13 palladin in single player game and I'm currently in the Jail, level 2 I can't seem to keep my hire's from dying, I thought maybe you are supposed to complete this layer alone .. or something.

later
wayne

Chessman
07/12/2000, 08:41 AM
Wayne, you have to complete the game before you can create an "Iron Man" character. An open character cannot multiplay with a battle.net realm player, but can play single player and with other open players.

I didn't hire anyone for the whole game, so it can be done.

Chessman
07/12/2000, 12:09 PM
cj, smile when you say that :).

I love the decoy skill. I should be getting the summon valkarie tonight! Can't wait to try that one.

On to the Cow level!!

Chessman
07/12/2000, 11:04 PM
After you defeat diablo, when you create a new character, there's a check box that says "Iron Man". If you select this and create a character, that character will will be "mortal". The first time it dies, it's over. New character time.

I think that the most reasonable use for an "Iron Man" character is to compete on the "Iron Man" ladder in a closed battle.net game. Wanna prove just how good you are? Iron Man!

If I recall, the last jump gate in the first act is on the level above the "Boss". Be ready.

Has anyone been to the "Secret Cow Level" yet? I hope to get to it in the next couple of days! There's supposed to be lots of gems and a couple of (random) great items!!

Raszagil
07/13/2000, 12:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IFLY2HIGH:
How bout some Starcraft/Brood War or even Quake III??

:D
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't even bother... I'd kick yer b*tt three ways 'til sunday, Starcraft, OR Broodwar. :D

Entaro Adun!

Raz

wayne
07/13/2000, 10:49 AM
chessman,
Please explain to me the "iron man" character.

I'm still in the jail but going through I think the last layer. At least iv'e charged the last "jump gate" on the act 1 list.

wayne

cjdevito
07/13/2000, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chessman:
Has anyone been to the "Secret Cow Level" yet? I hope to get to it in the next couple of days! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I should be there tonight. My barbarian is just about ready to cave in big D's head :)

(Edited correction: Been there, done that :)
Diablo himself wasn't too rough...those damn cows on the other hand swamped me under, killing me twice. And I haven't even gotten to the Cow King yet, either)

[This message has been edited by cjdevito (edited 07-13-2000).]

Chessman
07/14/2000, 05:32 AM
I should be there tonight @ lvl 30, which means Valkarie time!

enutees
07/14/2000, 09:49 PM
I need to get Diablo 2, but everyone should play counterstrike. It is the best.

I am Beholdapalehorse for the other guys that play. I've been playing since beta 2 so I've been there a while.

See ya.