PDA

View Full Version : Feb Meeting date and Time at NEAQ!!

moe_k
01/19/2002, 12:24 PM
Hi folks,

I received the following email from my contact at the New England Aquarium!

Looks like we'll have a room in the conference center from 11 to 1 on the 9th. I'll confirm this on Tuesday when I'm in again.
I can probably sneak you guys in to see my set up...

So there we go. Meeting at NEAQ at 11:00 am to 1:00pm on Saturday 2/9/02.

Frag swap to be held, so we have just enough time to get some pruning done in our tanks.

I'll send an email to the group for those that don't frequent the boards.

tstone
01/19/2002, 12:47 PM
Very cool. I cant wait! Thanks very much for setting this up Moe! Its going to be fun:D

Jim Godfrey
01/19/2002, 09:37 PM
:bum: YOU DA MAN MOE !!! :bum:

Vilas
01/20/2002, 12:03 PM
Niiiiiiiice!!!!
Moe, thanks so much!! This should be a blast.
Anyone know if the aquarium T station is open again yet? It had been closed a bit. No big deal, you just had to walk a few blocks - there were signs.

moe_k
01/20/2002, 01:15 PM
Aquarium station (on the Blue Line) is open again. All nice and perdy now.

gagnu
01/22/2002, 06:14 PM
Any update on the date of the meeting?

moe_k
01/23/2002, 09:48 AM
Nothing Tuesday.
We'll see if he emails today.

moe_k
01/23/2002, 08:31 PM
Got the email from Brian at the NEAQ. Here are the details, and a question for us (I answered yes. Why not?):

Sat Feb 9 11:30 - 1:30 main conference room in the NEAq Education Center
(1st floor of Harbor Garage, in front of Aquarium). I can post signs if
you want.

Get ready!
:D

gagnu
01/23/2002, 09:13 PM
Excellent!!!

frivera28
01/24/2002, 10:02 AM
I dont have much to swap. Can I buy frags instead from people.

KAS
01/24/2002, 10:08 AM
I just set up a 75 gal and also don't have anything to swap. Hopefully, someone will be willing to sell some frags.

In either case, it will be great to meet you all. I'm sure I'm gonna learn a lot and have a great time.

Thanks Moe for all the work!
KAS

moe_k
01/24/2002, 12:26 PM
If Greg Hiller is coming to the meeting, you new folks will want to grab his list of available frags & ordering info.
Personally, I have bought some great corals from Greg and would recommend him to newbies.
I'm sure there are other folks on here who would back me up on this.
Also for you newbies; in past meeting people have contacted Greg in advance to arrange a purchase at the meeting. Not sure if Greg would be interested in doing this again, but there's only one way to find out.

Vilas
02/01/2002, 10:19 AM
hey -
uhm, how do we find the conference center once we're there? Do we need to pay for tickets or something? Will the info desk know where the boston reef club meeting is?
C

moe_k
02/01/2002, 10:53 AM
Well, I can only guess from what Brian told me, but read below:
(1st floor of Harbor Garage, in front of Aquarium). I can post signs if you want.

I asked him to put up a couple of signs for us.
So I would find the Harbor Garage in front of the Aquarium, then look for signs for an Education Center or maybe for Boston Reefers Club. I bet it'll be easy to find.

Vilas
02/01/2002, 10:57 AM
wow, I'm an idiot. I also thought, for some reason, it was this weekend.
Do you want help with things like name tags, signs, literature, agenda, whatever?

moe_k
02/01/2002, 12:45 PM
We can try and plan an agenda. Seems like these things are too chaotic, though.
I'll grab some nametags from Staples this weekend.
Can you think of anything else we need?

cheese1
02/01/2002, 03:51 PM
Thanks for all the work Moe!

tstone
02/01/2002, 10:16 PM
Moe,Villas~If I can help with any preperations let me know. :)

GobieWanKenobie
02/03/2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by moe_k
We can try and plan an agenda. Seems like these things are too chaotic, though.
I'll grab some nametags from Staples this weekend.
Can you think of anything else we need?

Moe,

We need a definitive price for dues. We should decide on a rough cost before the meeting and refine it when we meet together to discuss costs and the number of actual members who are willing to put up $$. That way I can bring the $$ and not feel like a cheapskate when the hat is passed around and I didn't bring enough. BTW, you are doing a great job and let me know if you need any help organizing or planning.

GobieWan

moe_k
02/05/2002, 12:23 AM
Just to clarify, here's the meeting info for Saturday!

(1st floor of Harbor Garage, in front of Aquarium).

innomen/dennis`
02/05/2002, 12:42 PM
$?

moe_k
02/05/2002, 04:40 PM
It's a free meeting.
If you want to donate to the club, see the thread on donations.

Vilas
02/06/2002, 10:14 PM
just a thought. I'd like to keep the NEAQ as a meeting site, and want to come off as a club they want around..er, and not end up getting kicked out like last time. ;)
Maybe we could structure it some, have a sit down, formal bit of it in the beginning, where we do things like talk about the website, get dues, talk about future meetings and captive propogation, whatever. This might also be good in that we'd be able to talk about things face to face, go around and introduce everyone, get nametags out, the works. It dosent have to be formal and officious, just a time for all of us to talk at once. Last meeting was amazing, but I feel like I couldn't remember a single one of you if asked to do so. :)
Thoughts?

moe_k
02/06/2002, 11:31 PM
I totally agree with you Vilas. We have to keep the NEAQ as an option. We want to be on our best behavior, hehehe.

In fairness to those in suburbs outside Boston, we'll move the meeting around. Don't panic folks. Us city folk aren't afraid to travel. I think we want to keep the NEAQ as a safety option, though. We know we can do a frag swap there, and not panic the staff if we show up with buckets & coolers. I checked in advance.

So I'm planning on getting to the NEAQ a bit early with my name tags and a pen or two. I'll greet the folks at the door, and have them fill out a tag with real name and their online name.

From there, folks can mosey in and chat. I'll come in and make a few announcements. Reef-lite, Scavdog, Jimbos, and Vilas be ready to take a bow.

I vote we save the frag swap for 12:15. That gives us 11:30 - 12:15 to discuss matters, then 12:15 to 1:00 to swap frags.

How do y'all feel about that?

tstone
02/07/2002, 07:10 AM
Sounds good to me. Is there anything I can bring?:)

Vilas
02/07/2002, 09:50 AM
moe, that sounds perfect! I agree with you about not always meeting at the NEAQ, but it's a good option to have.
As far as the talking part goes, might it be good to build out an agenda beforehand? Things like going around the table to introduce ourselves, future meeting places/times, dues, guest speakers, maybe see if people would be into a club outing - say a whale watch or something - that kind of thing. I don't think any one of us wants to keep Robert's rules of order here, by any stretch of the imagination, but it might help to jot down a few things we all want to cover?
C

innomen/dennis`
02/07/2002, 12:21 PM
Alas i will be unable to attend. Perhaps the next time i shall.:(

I would like to still join the club and send in my $10.00.