PDA

View Full Version : Sexing Bangaii

steph30
01/19/2002, 01:10 AM
Hi,

I've had 2 bangaii for about 8 months now. The entire time I've had them they've always stayed at opposite sides of my tank (a 75). I had pretty much decided that I had 2 females. A few days ago they started hanging out together (primarily at night).

I happened to catch this pic of them together tonight. Anyone care to take a stab at what sex they are?

Thanks,
Stephanie

Guy
01/19/2002, 12:54 PM
WOW! Beautiful picture :D

What you have there are two Banggai..... I would hazzard a guess that at least one is female. Sorry, that's the best I can do for you.

If you know someone with an adult male you could sex them. Just place one with the male. If they fight you have a male, if not you have a female.

I have heard of good results by closely observing the genitalia. Supposedly the female has a lot more "equipment" than the male.

steph30
01/19/2002, 11:53 PM
Thanks for your suggestions Guy. I'm going to try and find a definate male and see what happens. I guess sexing bangaii is still pretty much trial and error.

BTW, you have taken some great pics! Any suggestions on how to get the best shot? I got a nikon 950 for Christmas (not the newest out there, but it sure is fun) and have become almost as addicted to taking tank pics as I am to my tank. :)

Thanks,
Stephanie

FMarini
01/21/2002, 06:10 PM
Steph:
Guys right on the money....
Do a search her for sexing banggais. This is Q? asked almost weekly.
Unfortunately there is NO miracle sexing method YET. The equipment thingy Guys mentioned is the newest theory
frank