PDA

View Full Version : Free Frags?

percula3
04/18/2005, 05:55 PM
I just recently lost my paper route which is my main source of income so does anyone have any free frags for a begining reefer?
Thanks

z28cam
04/19/2005, 03:52 AM
First off what lights are on your tank?

I have some stuff depending on your lights..GSP, Kenya Tree, Xenia, zoos, shrooms...

~Joe~

jmkarcz
04/19/2005, 05:56 PM
I might have some extra hardware, let me know what your working toward. I can be crafty... pumps...heaters... fittings, you know stuff - stuff.

Jason

You can deliver my paper any day.

percula3
04/19/2005, 08:14 PM
I have 2x55's. One 10000k one actinic 03.

ReeferAl
04/20/2005, 09:02 AM
I have small small toadstool frags and a couple of colt (probably) corals you could have. I don't know when the next meeting is yet but if I can make it I could bring them then.
Allen

Zombies026
04/20/2005, 12:21 PM
Not to get off the subject but has anyone ever heard of hemits eating corals??I had some really nice polyps and zoos from spike and wouldn't ya know it they ate them..I still have some pipe organs and stars left wich they haven't touched,what can I do to stop them from eating my corals??

nellie54914
04/20/2005, 02:14 PM
I don't know about zoos, but I have a killer hermit that's attacking a snail! I put some new snails in last night and this guy was on the shell trying to pick at the snail. Snail wasn't dead, it was wriggling around trying to get away. Usually if i put my hand near a hermit they retreat into the shell, but this one I picked up and it was still holding onto the snail. I kept pulling and the crazy crab wouldn't let go, I almost pulled it completely out of it's shell! Finally to get it off I had to push on its legs with my fingers. I put the 2 on opposite sides of the tank and buried the snail in the sand (it's a nassarius) but the crab found it and pulled it out of the sand 3 different times--he's very determined! Maybe the snail was sick or something and the hermit just trying to finish it off. I haven't seen any of mine touch my zoos though, maybe you have a rogue hermit! :uzi:

Zombies026
04/20/2005, 02:53 PM
Hmmm.I just don't want to buy more corals and then have them end up as dinner buy my hermit..Time to make a killin I think...

kass03
04/20/2005, 03:28 PM
I never noticed any of my hermits picking on any corals. They usually eat algae.

Michelle hermits will attack snails. They do it more if you dont have extra shells for them because they need bigger shells when they grow and molt. It prolly wanted it's shell.

Percula let us know if you come to the next meeting. I'm sure I can find something for ya.

kass

nellie54914
04/20/2005, 06:56 PM
iceman actually PMd me with the same suggestion, but we have lots of extra shells in there, all different sizes. The snail he was going after had a smaller shell than he was using at the time. That snail shell must have looked lilke prime real estate!

percula3
04/21/2005, 09:56 PM
I'll try to come for sure the next meeting. Sorry I couldn't get a ride to the April meeting.

jmkarcz
05/02/2005, 10:05 PM
Let me know if you want a ride. I may be able to accomadte you. I will be boing again. (to the next Meeting AND to the Nursing home)

- I have also been going out to the nursing home to help Dan a bit, if you are interested, maybe you could join us, and we could pull the carpet in earlier one night. I don't know how long I will be going... this week for sure. This last week it was 11 pm before I got home.

Id email but it seems you have yours off, and I don't pm any more. Call me at work. 1 800 929 9921 and ask for Jason.

You need to get your parental supervision units ok before you call. I'm an ok guy, my mom will still vouch for me.

references available upon request.

Jason

daddavis1
05/05/2005, 11:40 AM
Perc I can take you thier myself. I work off Vanerperren in Ashwaubenon.

Next week Wednesday, should be an early one. Jason and I are going to try pulling through the drain for an auto topoff for the Sumps/Refugiums and another hand would be good for that.

I can talk to your parents directly if you like. PM me or email daniel.davis@dot.state.wi.us let me know by Monday.

Yes I do have frags to give you. Anthelia Polyps, Yellow/Cream Sarco's these should do well with your lighting.

jmkarcz
05/06/2005, 11:44 AM
You could probably give him all the apistasia he can carry to... Some are larger than most of the anenomes I've had.

Jason

Digger, I remember something the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy had to say about using green leaves as currancy. If you could burn down the forest...

percula3
05/09/2005, 05:15 PM
Mom works again (sigh):rolleyes: Wich one of you want to give me a ride this next meeting May the 15th.

Thanks Al

percula3
05/09/2005, 05:18 PM
By the way thanks for all of you who have responded!

percula3
05/14/2005, 07:05 PM
Ok im coming to the meeting. Bring your frags!