PDA

View Full Version : Quick Update on new tank

BubbaPhish
04/18/2005, 02:03 PM
Hey Gang,
I am sleep deprived as it is Monday afternoon, and I worked all last night as usual at the hospital ( left late ......almost 10 AM, so wound up being a 15 hour shift), so I may ramble a little.........
Last week I got my skimmer an ASM G2. A few minutes ago I was in mid head nod trying to doze off and UPS rang my doorbell. My pumps are here............a mag 7 for return and a PanWorld 100PX-MD40R ( aka Blueline ) for the Ocean Motions closed loop. Ordered from Premium Aquatics last Thursday afternoon, always have gotten great service from them. Best of all the matched Marine Depot's shipping sale and it only cost me $5 to have both pumps shipped, very nice indeed.
According to tracvking numbers my VHO's should be here tomorrow as the have already arrived in Columbia. They are from Hello Lights out in California.
I am making progress slowly.............gonna try and tackle the sump this week. With any luck I will hopefully have it all asembled and leak test everything by the end of next week, assuming my honey-do list doesn't mysteriously grow by an arm's length before then.

Kevin

dvmsn
04/18/2005, 02:11 PM
Sounds good:)

phishguy78
04/18/2005, 06:42 PM
cool kevin cant wait till you get it running. would like to see pics. also i would like to see some pics of the oceans motion intake you have please kinda curious of them and would be intrested in your thoughts. thanks,stephen

H2OLUVSME
04/18/2005, 07:14 PM
im glad you are getting it going. im curious about the OM as well.

BubbaPhish
04/19/2005, 09:47 AM
THe OM squirt intake is a standard hole/bulkhead in the bottom of pane of the tank. Out of that hole going into the tank will be a PVC pipe rising about 4" and splitting into a tee with filter screen on each end. That line drops into the blueline which will push water into the Squirt and split into 4 return outlets. 2 will be in the top back corners and the other 2 will be over the top and into the top front 2 corners. All return line will have a small length of 3/4" locline to angle the flow.
There is a tank setup exactly like mine at the Ocean Motions website in their forums. Follow the link it is the same size and setup as mine the stand and canopy are just a different color.
http://www.oceansmotions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188
The guy I bought my setup from designed thie system, Rick at Fins in Columbia. Coralite is a guy I know in Columbia who attends USC and seems to have taken credit for Rick's work. Rick delivered the tank and set it up at USC for him. Rick's shop is great if you ever get to Columbia you should check him out sometime.

Kevin

phishguy78
04/19/2005, 10:20 AM
ohhh very nice setup indeed. i would love to see yours running inpeson before i make any major decisions though

BubbaPhish
04/19/2005, 11:47 AM
Would love to have folks from the club check it out if I can ever Git-er-dunn. Bad part is I am on Florence......
I didn't sleep to well last night, have had about 3 hours of sleep since I got up and went to work Sunday afternoon, pulled a 15 hour night shift at work and left at 10AM Monday. Havn't been real motivated to do anything today. Sometime insomnia is a real PIA.........
Kevin