PDA

View Full Version : Glasscages Aquarium

Homebrew
04/18/2005, 11:52 AM
I am going to order 2 custom tanks (odd dimensions) from Glasscages.com for delivery in Raleigh in SEPTEMBER 2005.

If anyone else is interested in a tank from them, we may be able to have them stop in Statesville for a drop off.

This thread is not for a debate on Glasscages. I just want to know if anyone was thinking about ordering a tank from them to get the delivery in or near Charlotte vs. Raleigh which is their closest scheduled stop in 2005.

PM me if interested or if you have questions.

Thanks,
Greg

Homebrew
04/20/2005, 12:38 PM
I believe that I am up to 6 tanks now... anybody else looking for a Glasscages.com tank for September delivery in or near Charlotte?

Thanks,
Greg

Homebrew
04/24/2005, 10:07 AM
All pertinent information can be found on their website or calling the company. Please respect the original post, stating that this is not a debate thread, it is for those who want to place a group order. Thanks.

From their website:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aquarium Warranty
Glasscages.com
Twin Oaks
90 DAY SEAM LEAKAGE WARRANTY
The aquarium is warranted by Twin Oaks not to leak or come apart at the silicone seams for a period of ninety (90) days from date of purchase.
This warranty is void if the SET UP INSTRUCTIONS are not followed and/or if you cut or alter the silicone seams of the aquarium.
This warranty is void if the aquarium is chipped or shows any glass damage.
This warranty is limited to replacement of the aquarium and does not cover fish loss, personal injury, property loss or direct, incidental or consequential damage arising out of use of this aquarium.
Due to the manufacturing techniques eliminating pressure bonding: stress and pressure cracks and all other types of breakage are not caused by manufacturing defects and therefore are not warranted and no free replacement is available. Breakage that occurs after the aquarium is set up is caused by improper set up or accident.

IMPORTANT!!!
**GALLON SIZE OF ALL AQUARIUMS IS APPROXIMATE**

SET UP INSTRUCTIONS
All aquariums must be set up on commercially manufactured stands only. A sheet of 3/4" styrofoam (reaching completely side-to-side and front-to-back) must be placed between the tank and the surface of the stand. Aquariums should not be set on wood furniture, stereos, televisions, or other surfaces that have not been designed to support an aquarium. Setting up the aquarium on a homemade stand or on a surface such as the ones mentioned above can result in stress breakage of the side or bottom glass panels of the aquarium. Breakage is NOT guaranteed (CHECK WARRANTY INFORMATION). It is very important to follow the SET UP INSTRUCTIONS:
Each leg of the aquarium stand must sit flat on the floor.
Each corner of the aquarium must sit flat on each corner of the top of the aquarium stand.
If either the legs or the corners of the aquarium do not sit flat then proper shimming is required. The shimming referred to here is the placing of thin strips of tile, wood, or paper under the leg or corner of the aquarium to make the leg or corner sit flat.

IMPORTANT!! Special setup is required on a carpeted floor due to the fact that carpeting tends to cover up uneven floors which can cause stress breakage. If the aquarium is set on carpeting, the carpeting should be pulled back to expose the bare floor. Then follow setup instructions above. After the stand and aquarium have been checked and proper shimming done, if necessary, the carpeting can be put back in place and the stand and aquarium should be placed in the exact same position as before on top of the carpeting. The stand and aquarium should be reset up using the same shims, if any were needed, in the same position that was used when the stand and aquarium were set up on the bare floor.

REPLACEMENT INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
Do not remove manufacturer's sticker from bottom of aquarium. Before returning the aquarium to Twin Oaks, make sure the aquarium is leaking from the seams of the aquarium and not from over or under the trim, from the air pump or filter system.
CONSUMER INFORMATION - If the aquarium is defective within ninety (90) days from the date of purchase, return it to Twin Oaks along with sales receipt. Provided the aquarium has no broken or chipped glass or altered sealant, Twin Oaks will replace the aquarium at no charge, shipping not included.

lotus02
04/27/2005, 08:40 AM
I was looking into the glasscages also , for a custom tank . Has any one had any major problems with their tanks? What is the quality like , glass seams extra?

Homebrew
04/27/2005, 08:57 AM
This thread is posted in the Charlotte Reef Club forum and is not for a debate or discussion about Glasscages company or products. I just want to know if anyone was thinking about ordering a tank from them to get the delivery in or near Charlotte vs. Raleigh which is their closest scheduled stop in 2005.

Anyone may PM me if interested or if you have questions.

lotus02 - there are threads on RC and other Aquarium Forums that discuss glasscages. I'll PM you with threads and info.

Thanks,
Greg