PDA

View Full Version : April meeting recap & feedback @ Good Shepherd Assisted Living Center.

Aquabucket
04/18/2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks Dan for giving us the opportunity to see your creative set-up! Your DIY skimmers and overall system are quite impressive!

Hopefully I will get some time in the near future to help you out with getting your substrate problem settled.

Silver Charlie was kind enough to bring his camera and took some nice pics. I will be posting them as soon as I get some computer related issues solved.

I hope you all enjoyed the meet as much as I did.

Here is the list of members besides myself who attended:

R.J. - Zombies026
Todd Vandeburg - ?
Daniel Schmidt - Calhoun99
Kathy Helms - Kass03
Milt Kinney - Silver Charlie
Ryan Mielke - Feederfish
Michelle Witt - nellie54914
Jason Karcz - jmkarcz
Daniel Davis - daddavis1

Feel free to post any pics if you have them or pics of frags that you aquired at the meet. Feel free to also post any comments, suggestions, or questions that you may have with regard to the meeting.

Cheers and happy reefing!
~Spike

daddavis1
04/18/2005, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the Corals Spike, you have any superglue at the shop? Right now they are wedged into openings as best as I could get them. Kass the Green tree isn't so small and the paly's are huge :) The zoo'z are cool to. Zenia's still comming around as of last night.
I'm looking for comments on the aquascaping. I think I can do better using PVC Framming.

kass03
04/19/2005, 12:48 AM
I had a great time.
I loved the set up and the good shepherd home.
I might have to come visit again sometime ;)

It was nice meeting everyone also.

Feederfish the mushroom looks great!

Dan hope the corals do good for you.
If the xenia dies I have more lol. It's not used to halides but I got my new T5 today and oh man here comes the sun :dance:
I have tons of those palys. The brown PPE's :lol2:
I do have a few polyps though of those large paly's with bright green centers and a few all green ones that are really cool but they grow really slow.

kass

nellie54914
04/19/2005, 10:44 PM
Thanks for hosting Dan, it was very interesting seeing your set-up! I love the circular set-up you have with tanks, it's very unique and fun to look at. I'm sure the people that live there really enjoy what you do! I love your copperband, makes me want to get one even more! Except I hope I get one that eats aptasia. :D I'm looking forward to seeing silver charlie's pictures...c'mon spike! :)

jmkarcz
04/28/2005, 10:23 AM
I visited Dan last night to help a bit with his substrate issue. I was there until about 11:30 or so. Even after seeing his system for the second time, I am still impressed. He explained many of his changes and challanges which I could relate to very well.

Definetly worth visiting, he knows what he's doing. Great Guy.

Jason

daddavis1
04/28/2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks Jason for the huge help. Its nice when doing a big project like this not to be doing it alone. I owe you huge. How about next Wednesday.

Count me in for a Saturday of Fun building new structures Provided I don't have Guards.

Coral Update: Kass those zenia are already grabbing the table and are looking real good. The tree has found the crushed coral to its liking on the bottom. All others donated doing well also. There is still a vacancy sign out so if anyone is looking for a home for frags. Let me know.:D

Yes the aptasia are still there. Want some??

jmkarcz
04/29/2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah, count me in, I'll bring some stuff this time, lets go for 6 though, I need to stop home and feed the ocean before I go play this time.

Jason

Aquabucket
04/29/2005, 01:57 PM
So how are ou guys solving the substrate problem.

I regret not having enough time to help out much right now but I am glad Jason his offering some time. To me it sounds like fun and I think you'll be real pleased when its done.

I am helping silver charlie with the pics that were taken ~ I'll have to get an update from him as he is still learning how to reduce and load them to RC. We tried to load them to my computer and could not do it.

We'll get it worked out soon I hope.

daddavis1
05/02/2005, 04:39 PM
Spike currently we are just getting it out of the tanks. Its cemented pretty bad. We will be attempting to cut the plenum out this go around.
Jason 6:00 is fine. Some of the scapers I have from paint removal may do the trick without damaging the glass.

See you Wednesday