PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Fragging Questions

FlipFlops24/7
04/18/2005, 08:45 AM
Im going to make my first attempts at fragging this week, possibly tonight.

First question :

My question is about some Xenia that I have. Ok, so I finally found out why everyone said this coral grows like weeds. Can I simply snip off the xenias arms to help keep it from spreading?

Second Question:

Im going to frag a devils hand leather that I got from Spike. Its probably doubled in size in the 4 months that I have had it. Since I am unable to remove it from the tank due to the massive rock it is attached to, can I frag it in the tank itself?

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie

Aquabucket
04/18/2005, 12:18 PM
Xenia you can cut and rubberband the cutting to a rock. It will attach in 48 hours or less.

The leather should be fragged outside the tank if possible ~ otherwise make quick clean cuts and run lots of fresh carbon. I would only make single cuts spaced out over the course of a few days or more if you decide to do it inside the tank.

Leathers are somewhat tricky to attach but I have found that wedging them in suitable holes or crevices is a very good method.

Good luck and I am glad that beautiful leather of yours is doing so well!

FlipFlops24/7
04/21/2005, 07:01 AM
Thanks Spike. Can I ask you one more question? I have a gigantic Colt Coral that could easily be split into three. Its just too huge for my little 29g. Are these a coral that can be split inside the tank? Hes just resting in my sandbed so I can easily take him out. Im going to frag one stalk off of him first, then see how hes doing in a few weeks before fragging again. How do you usually frag a Colt? Thanks again!

Aquabucket
04/21/2005, 09:24 AM
I cut all my softies quickly with a sharp scissors. You should be fine fragging it in the tank ~ I have done it before with colts and they cut up pretty cleanly.

Good luck!

Stigmatic
04/21/2005, 10:50 AM
Frag your leather while your at it... :-D