PDA

View Full Version : MARS frag swap - post your eye candy

plankton
04/18/2005, 12:45 AM
Anyone have any frag pics from the MARS frag swap they want to post?

Scott

mothra
04/18/2005, 03:41 PM
I didn't take any pics yet...

Are we ever going to use this forum or are we pretty much sticking with the CVR forum? We're kind of settled in over there. Too bad we can't mirror them somehow.... ah well.

plankton
04/18/2005, 07:00 PM
Mucha Lucha,

We just did. VBG

But seriously, I also wish we could mirror threads and of course there is tremendous cross over between the local greater bay area clubs and associated forums; but, still nice to have a spot on RC where we can chat about all the cool schwag we've got for next meeting's raffle and of course next months speaker...

Scott

mothra
04/18/2005, 10:19 PM
Got to confirm next months speaker tomorrow - just want to be sure :D

sagitariuscbc
04/18/2005, 10:22 PM
thank you guy's for showing up! it is always a pleasure to hang with you all!
see you this weekend!
shawn!~)
public relations
mars

mothra
04/18/2005, 10:27 PM
It was fun Shawn. You guys are always fun to hang with. I'm serious about the recipe thing too, when MARS get's it's new site up and running you should have a little section on there with some culinary tips for those of us who like to eat!

plankton
04/18/2005, 10:31 PM
shawn

Dude, that was the biggest bowl of pasta salad (and tastiest) I've ever had. Did you add hot peppers to it?

Scott

mothra
04/18/2005, 10:49 PM
Scott - your zoos are in my cvr gallery now, hope you are cool w/ the prices I listed them for, I think they are fair considering what I was selling the othe stuff for.... uhh if I don't sell them I'm not stuck with those big ol shaggy zoos am I? :D :D They could accidentally find their way into the club raffle ;) j/k

Later!

sagitariuscbc
04/18/2005, 10:53 PM
thanks you guy's for all the compliments! i can't take all the credit as i did not make it alone, cathy and gresham helped out. some could say they were hot, they were just golden greek peperoncini's.
believe it or not that is just a little bowl where i come from;)
thanks guy's see you soon,
shawn!~)

cathyw/a k
04/18/2005, 10:59 PM
Hey fellows,

This is Cathy the woman behind sagitariuscbc :). The pasta salad was actually a two day process. I stayed up the first night until 2 am cooking off the pasta, and yes Gresham helped us finish it off with some prep work .:) Glad to see everyone at the frag swap and that everyone had a good time.

Cathy

plankton
04/18/2005, 11:16 PM
Jake - All cool and if they don't sell by this Sat meeting then by all means add them as raffle fodder. Thanks.

'golden greek peperoncini's' Mmmmmmmm.

Thanks Cathy.

No frag pics?

Scott

sagitariuscbc
04/18/2005, 11:32 PM
no camera.:(
!~)

Casshern
04/18/2005, 11:54 PM
post pics. thanks

bookfish
04/23/2005, 12:52 AM
I don't know how Dave does it but our site at www.bareefers.org has a "window" to our RC forum.
Some sort of Voodoo no doubt!-Jim

mothra
04/25/2005, 09:12 AM
^ Yeah I saw that... pretty neat trick.

Justin74
04/28/2005, 02:35 PM
I got 2 items at the swap, 1 purple/pink digitata(my favorite), and 1 puple/blue finger leather.

Well I was very dissapointed with the leather. Beautifull specimen, just couldnt handle the heat from the swap and I had to throw it out after about 4 days because it started to blacken and deteriorate. IMO a direct result from shock via transportation, and EXTREME heat.

Maybe you can help me with my digitata? When I first got it was mainly a pinkish lavender body with light pink/yellow polyps. Now it is all pink with the polyps becoming more of a golden yellow color. Is this good? Or is it needing more/less light/movement to get its lavender hue again?Anyway, Ive been counting the days when we can do this again!! Is it normal for sideline swapping to go on at the meeting?If soo I want to be on that sideline!! I have a golden crown sacrophyton, and a cabbage leather that need prunning.....And lots of purple/blue and green striped mushrooms.

heres a pic of what I got:http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/89561digitata_003.JPG