PDA

View Full Version : sand

churnee
04/16/2005, 10:50 AM
dont know what people are using for sand in there reefs, but i know for a fact that you can use "tropical play sand" that is arrogonite(sp?) based. I have called all the home depot stores locally and some up into michigan, to no avail. Just thought that maybe if someone had found some in this area or in this forum that they could let me know where they got it. HD used to carry it but sold none last year, so they said that they discontinued there stock supply. if anyone has any or knows where to get it, let me know please. i would much rather pay $6.99-7.99 per bag rather than $40-45 for the same stuff at a LFS!

Thanks

Jon

Dubbin1
04/16/2005, 03:34 PM
Hmm I swear that I already replied to this but I'll try again.
I used to have several bags that I was selling but Mike got my last bag. I am pretty up on if theres any sand in our area and so far theres zero anywhere. If I do find any then I'll buy it all up :)

churnee
04/17/2005, 08:15 AM
okay....im gonna be flyin up to plainwell MI probably tomarrow. i called a HD up there and they do have about half a skid left(also confirmed this with a michigan reefers member). so i will be making the 2 1/2 hour trip there to pick up a couple bags. if anyone wants any LMK and i can try and get some for you. depending on what they have left. send me a PM if interested.

Jon

Dubbin1
04/17/2005, 09:49 AM
Wow they still have that. I called them several months ago and they said they had 1/2 a skid :) I was just to lazy to drive that far and my local HD would not have it shipped in for me.

22caddy
04/17/2005, 12:28 PM
I would like 4 bags if you could get some. Let me know.

churnee
04/17/2005, 02:27 PM
22caddy, ygpm:)