PDA

View Full Version : Perks of being a member

Reefer Dude
01/18/2002, 11:53 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know, who was not at the meeting, that Tropical Paradise has been nice enough to offer a 10% discount to club members at their store. You must me a paid member with a mebership card to take advantage of this tough.

chipmunk
01/18/2002, 12:32 PM
Tropical Paradise was awesome. I think it was very cool of Eddie when he mentioned that he was building a conference room and the club will get to use it. I've been going there for a month now and it's the best LFS I've ever been to.

-chipmunk

lori344
01/23/2002, 01:26 PM
Chipmunk, You were there???? :eek:
Oh my, I'm sorry I didn't know that, I've wanted to meet you for a long time. I certainly took a liking to you from your posts here on RC, you have a good heart and a lot of wisdom. Please let's introduce ourselves next meeting. I had no idea that you were part of the BARE group. This is great!
~lori

chipmunk
01/23/2002, 02:22 PM
Hi lori344!

Wow, we missed each other. During intros, I was the only guy that mentioned running a skimmerless tank. Which one were you? I also bought liverock and 2 cleaner shrimp.

-chipmunk

lori344
01/23/2002, 03:18 PM
Chipmunk,
I do remember someone saying they ran a skimmerless tank, however I can't put a face with the statement. There were so many people there. Darn. I'm the one with the brace on her leg, I just had knee surgery. Ron and I arrived a little late and missed some of the intro's. We sat over by Matthew (tenner) and Paul (wulfman), closest to the entrance. We bought a flame angel and spent a lot of time with Eddie in the tank room looking at the 240 gallon. (We’re consolidating our 3 tanks). Do I sound familiar yet??? he he.. Anyway, let's make sure to introduce ourselves next time.
Here's a picture of us in my currently "fluffy" state.

chipmunk
01/23/2002, 05:08 PM
I remember you guys! And of course, I remember the leg brace. I'll make sure to say hi next time. :)

-chipmunk

lori344
01/23/2002, 08:25 PM
That'd be nice, please do :D Also, once this leg is healed I'll be back to work in city. I see you live there, maybe we can get together for a reef lunch or something.
~lori

chipmunk
01/24/2002, 12:23 PM
Definitely! I work in the financial district. We should arrange reef trading lunches. Everyone can bring critters, sand, & frags. :)
-chipmunk