PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good home for my male scooter blenny.

The Shrimp X
04/15/2005, 06:55 PM
OK i was able to attain a pair of scooter blennies about 2 months ago. They have been wonderful, they except frozen mysis, brine, and other frozen foods, i have seen them eat flake foods from time to time, they also love live brine.

Here is the story, they both were very fat and healthy, and my male about 50 + times a day would swim next to the female raise his fin and then do a little jig (like the dance, well you get my picture), but about 4 days ago i saw my female bury herself like they always do but then when i got home i couldnt find her, so i went looking around my tank, no sign of her on the floor (thank god), then i checked in all my filter, no sign. So i am left with a male. It is possible that my female is hiding some were but for 4 days its unusual. There is also the possibility of her having a nest, though i never noticed them dancing to gether in the water column (they court by swimming together up the water column), but i have neverheard of anyone actually having them go and lay eggs.

in about a month or two i will be upgrading to a 90 gallon BB starboard tank. So i have a few reasons for needing to possibly get rid of (sorry i hate the way "get rid of" sounds because i dont want to but its for his own good) him, 1st being i wont have a sand bed, scooter blennies burry themselves in the sand for betime, it is not entirely nesseccary for a sand bed but this also leads me to my next reason, even though i will be using the water and rock from my tank that i have now, i think that i would need time for my pod and other little critter to populate first.

I do not plan on trading, selling or whatever we can figure out doing for a little while, probibly not for a week or so, so i know that I also donot have a female hidden somewere, which leads me to asking if any one has ever heard of a female go missing due to having a nest?

sorry for a long post, please let me know if anyone is interested.

The Shrimp X
04/18/2005, 08:47 PM
Well as i was cleaning my intakes and scubbing algea and such off the walls, and i was looking inside my little fuge that i have (made a AC500 into a fuge) and found a little carcase of my female scooter blenny, she was intact, no missing parts, but wat im confused about is, how could she have gotten through the intake, up through the impeller then trough a baffle and finnaly into the fuge. I feel so bad. Thus if there is anyone who would like to have my male scooter blenny, let me know. The longer i wait now, the harder it will be to find him a new home.

The Shrimp X
04/18/2005, 08:49 PM
P.S. If there arent any takers by the end of next week, then he will be finding a new home at Scales & Tales (hopefully i can talk them into putting him in the display. lol.

djperezo
04/23/2005, 12:24 PM
If you haven't found anybody yet, I'll take take him :)

The Shrimp X
04/23/2005, 01:00 PM
nope havent found anyone yet. Is there any time that you might be able to pick him up? Preferibly on a weekend? OR we can try to arrange something?

The Shrimp X
04/23/2005, 03:42 PM
well my friend had told me that he wasnt going to be able to have the scooter but now he is thinking otherwise, so i told him he had to decide by the end of the week, so if he decides no then you can have him.

The Shrimp X
04/23/2005, 09:15 PM
well my friend has decided that he is not ready for a scooter so just let me know when you would be able to try to meet up or arange a plan to pick him up.