PDA

View Full Version : Hey Football Fans: PETA Targets Green Bay Packers

Joez
06/26/2000, 06:43 PM
It's so easy, it's not even fun:

Latest PETA Work (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/news/archive/2000/06/26/sports1807EDT0362.DTL)

[This message has been edited by Joez (edited 06-26-2000).]

Phillstone
06/26/2000, 07:07 PM
people at PETA --- GET A LIFE!!!!

after all it's only pig skin err I mean Football

Dave
06/26/2000, 07:43 PM
The PETA people are strange. Some people need a protest just so they are happy.
They are missing something in life and only they know the answer.

Dilbert
06/26/2000, 07:57 PM
Are all the whales safe?
Seems to me that radical-PETA types should be out there in front of the whaling ships or saving baby seals(worthy causes IMO) and not driveling over NFL names.

Larry M
06/26/2000, 08:39 PM
Oh, you gotta be kidding me. I've been accused of being politically correct before--I think this takes it to the limit.

------------------
Larry M

Visit Reef Stores.com (http://63.75.34.139/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?) The liaison between hobbyists and on-line retailers.

See my tanks at Northern Reef (http://www.reefcentral.com/northernreef/index.htm)

hford
06/26/2000, 09:40 PM
What the he!!. Someone needs to tell these PETA people to get a life. Next they'll go after the cowboys for wrongfull treat of live stock in rodeos. I think PETA needs to get a new name like DAPWNBTD (dumb a$$ people with nothing better to do), I think that would be fitting. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for ethical treatment of animals, but there are limits to everything. In fact, this past deer season I killed my very first deer, a doe that was past her prime. I did not feel guility a bit. It was a fair chase and I won. And now I have her for dinner about twice a month. How do you think those PETA peters would like that!!!
OK I'll quit before I get too mad.

------------------
Terminal pet shop employee,
Heather L Ford

Angel 1
06/27/2000, 08:16 AM
The "Six Packers", what is it with PETA and beer?
Hford I think they did go after cowboys a few years back, a little natural selection is what we need here.
Oh and to any PETA members that are reading this I hope you know that all that organic food you eat is grown with cow poop, so you are supporting the death of animals in a round about way.

[This message has been edited by Angel 1 (edited 06-27-2000).]

Deacon
06/27/2000, 08:32 AM
My in-laws are from Wisconsin and most are huge Packer fans. They said everyone is invited for burgers and bratwurst on game days this season. :D

Deacon

Now where did I put that big bottle of ketchup.

Joez
06/27/2000, 08:34 AM
Hey, what is that dish that John Madden is always talking about ("ludifisk")?

Thanks,
Joe

Fishwife
06/28/2000, 10:53 AM
Geez - I work at a world-renowned research university and we get them out on the corners several times a year. Holding up 20 year old (staged) photos of monkeys strapped into chairs with wires coming out of their heads. Everybody has to walk past them to get to and from the market where most of us buy our lunch -not very pleasant. There are always extra police posted and security runs high.

I don't like animal research anymore than the next guy but I know in many cases it is a necessary evil. The researchers I work with are extremely conscientious and the animals are treated very well. The rules and regulations are stringent and surprise lab inspections are frequent. Believe me, if I thought animals were being mistreated I wouldn't be working here.

Just let one of their spouses or children get some kind of formerly deadly disease which can now be cured due to animial research. Wonder if they would change their tunes?

------------------
Fishwife

Ouch, what's that burning sensation in my finger tips? Is it nematocysts? Is it electricity? NOOO! It's...PAPERCUTS!!!