PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of HOOTERS

horge
06/25/2000, 07:34 PM
I was hesitant, given the gimmick they run, to eat at HOOTERS, but we were starving. I now find I have to put in a good word for them.

The Philly Cheese Steak and especially the shrimp were very good. The Chicken sandwich was surprisingly tasty and the Hooter Burger was nice and meaty. The Buffalo wings were interesting for the first spicy few bites, but after that, well, you win some...

It was all served hot, with no nonsense and an extra helping of cheerfulness. The prices weren't so bad either. Regarding the waitresses and their uniform, I have this to say: we didn't mind their attire after the first two minutes, and my wife and her sister were the first to insist on a big tip for the young woman who brought us our food and was constantly checking if we were okay or needed anything more.

I enjoyed my very late lunch today. Just had to share. This was the establishment in Chicago's North, not downtown.

[This message has been edited by horge (edited 06-25-2000).]

JamesB
06/25/2000, 08:39 PM
The Three Mile Island chicken wings are magnificent. But, if anybody asks, I've never eaten there.

Later, James.

Joez
06/25/2000, 08:45 PM
Aren't we all?

Dwayne
06/25/2000, 09:08 PM
They have food?

Dwayne

Wolverine
06/25/2000, 10:58 PM
Unfortunately, the good food thing doesn't stand up at all Hooters. I've eaten at some that have really good food, where I would eat even if they didn't have the right staff. However, I've also eaten at some where even that doesn't make it worth it.

Ironically, my wife eating their with her family has had more luck than I have at getting good food.

Dave

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/lcrandall/reefpage.html

Agu
06/26/2000, 09:36 PM
After a Philly cheese steak, shrimp, chicken sandwich, and a hooters burger, no wonder the buffalo wings didn't taste so good. After all of that a rolaids sounds great ;)

horge
06/26/2000, 10:02 PM
Hehe, for some reason I seemed to eat a heck of a lot more than the usual while there. It must have been something in the atmosphere :D

wayne
06/26/2000, 11:19 PM
I had a video shoot in Willmington, North Carolina last week. The directions on how to get to the Hotel were, " Get off I-40, make a left and you will go by Hooters, and Sticky Fingers". . . I was wondering what part of town I was going to. But as it turned out Sticky Fingers specialized in Buffalo Wings.

Boy was I relieved.

Bamm Bamm
06/27/2000, 10:10 AM
I went to one last month in NY when I was there I didn't care about eating all cared about was the HOOTERS, and boy were they good...the bud light was quite good too I might add.....LOL ROFLMFAO

dAN

razorbackfan
06/27/2000, 01:38 PM
HOOTERS has food??????????????

------------------
Jim - GO HOGS GO!

Visit My Reef Tank (http://themoneypit2000.homestead.com)