PDA

View Full Version : What a day

Ashley7524
04/11/2005, 09:41 AM
Sal and I decided to take a hike in yellow creek park with some friends yesterday since the weather was nice. We were pushing for time as it was since my parents were coming over for a cook out, but we still went. Let me say the hike was great but what we walked into in our house was not! When we got home we went to look at the tank and clean the glass since the parents would be over in a 1/2 hour to find that barely any water was pumping into the tank from the sump. So we ran down stairs to find out that our sump had sprang a leak. There was water squirting out the side of the sump. Our fish room in the basment was covered in water. So in a rush we unpluged everything and started pumping water out of the sump into any jugs and buckets that were in reach. We got everything all cleaned up but didnt know what we were going to do about not haveing a sump. Thankfully Mike and Lori came to the rescue and had a 55g tank that they had and were not using. Needless to say I had to call my parents and push the cook out back and hour so we could get everything under control. So far today everything in the tank is looking good. I must say that the acrylic sump we got was the worst thing we ever bought.

deepbluesea99
04/11/2005, 10:27 AM
ouch thats a bummer guys if you need a custom built for your tank let me know these hold together and can be built to your design specks probly for a considerable amount less than the one you baught. good luck rich

STACKER
04/11/2005, 12:59 PM
I built my own sump/fuge and I'm hoping is tolds up long enough for me to get and upgrade built. I have the fear of that same thing happening. So far so good tho!

There's a buy that the Fed-Ex driver told me of near me that build custom acrylic stuff. He supposedly built the huge tank they have at Mountaineer Racetrack. I'm too popor and cheap so I try to do it myself :)

Ashley7524
04/12/2005, 11:56 AM
yeah it was one that we ordered but when we got it it came in sheets of acrylic with glue. it sucked!

STACKER
04/12/2005, 03:06 PM
I saw one and copied it... well, kinda. the next one will be much more substantial (ok, a buttload heavier) and as big as I can shoehorn into my base.