PDA

View Full Version : Life just doesn't make sense sometimes...

Q-ball
06/26/2000, 05:08 AM
I just don't understand people sometimes. Last night, our ambulance gets dispatched for an assault victim...Long story later, much of which we can't talk about yet, the man dies. Turns out the guy hit him in the head, took his keys so he could steal his brand new truck. Probably didn't mean to kill the guy, but now he's gonna be up for murder when/if he's caught. I just don't understand what can make someone do something like this. Our town is quite small, only about 900-1000 people in the town, with another 3500 or so in the surrounding area. It's a very rural area. Things like this just don't happen here. AND IT WAS ONLY A FREAKING TRUCK! I know this man that died, not real well, but still... He was a good man, treated his wife and 2 daughters like gold and was probably one of the hardest workers I've ever met. Noone can argue the death penalty with me right now. This was just an evil thing for another human to do, and someone like this does not deserve to be a part of society. I don't necessarily need to have responses to this, but I really did need to vent...thanks for sharing with me...

Q

------------------
Reality is merely a short-lived perception, make of it what you will.

jimhobbs
06/26/2000, 05:47 AM
Hang in there Q, life doesn't make sense at all sometimes....

Thursday, I was working on one of my schoools before the kids got there...When the kids got there, I could pick up bits and pieces of the conversation and they were all talking about a wreck/accident they had wittnessed...Soon, it became clear it wasn't just a wreck, but one of them had been run over by another car and had been rushed to the hospital...When I left, the intersection was blocked off and the police investigators were taking their pictures and such...Seems the driver was in a hurry to get on the interstate and hit the child at close to 50mph...

The next day my dispatcher called my personal radio with the news that the child had died at 1:35pm...He then told me it was the son of one of our electricians here at the shop, and was 13 yrs old...This is someone who I work with and have known for yrs...

No, life doesn't make sense.....

hang in there....jim

hubris007
09/22/2006, 06:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=41041#post41041 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Q-ball
Long story later, much of which we can't talk about yet,

------------------
Reality is merely a short-lived perception, make of it what you will.

Q, update?

fat-tony
09/22/2006, 08:19 PM
we had a guy killed over a 6-pack a couple years ago......was pretty messed up

Nina51
09/22/2006, 09:44 PM
oh chris, how sad. there are times when there just are no explanations. i cannot imagine what his family must be going through.

english83
09/22/2006, 09:45 PM
In the last week Missouri has had:

1 Amber alert: a woman assaulted another woman and took a 7 day old; the baby has been found and reunited with her parents; the woman is pleading not guilty even though her sister-in-law discovered the truth

Another woman was killed and her 28 week (?) old fetus was cut out of her and her other 3 children are missing as well.

And finally a man is believed to have abducted his wife and child and is headed to Mexico.

What has happened to people? Is it just me, or is everything going crazy?

hubris007
09/22/2006, 09:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8202938#post8202938 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by english83
a woman assaulted another woman

Um, assaulted? She slit her throat, didn't she? There aughta be a better word for that than assault.

english83
09/22/2006, 09:57 PM
Yup, slit her thoat. I didn't want to say "almost killed" or anything like that because I don't know how bad the cut was. The mom doesn't have the bandage anymore, so I don't think it was really, really bad.

Muttling
09/22/2006, 10:07 PM
A friend of mine in college was killed in an argument over a $1 game of pool. The guy (who was a bit drunk) was convinced my friend was trying to hustle him so he went to his truck and came back with a .357.

There's a lot of stupidity in this world.

steve5520
09/22/2006, 10:11 PM
There are times when I wonder if the whole world hasn't just gone nuts. This story was on the 6pm news today:

A 9-year-old boy is facing charges that allege he attacked a teacher last week in the hallway of his Sterling Heights elementary school, according to a report. The fourth-grade boy, whose name was not released, allegedly attacked the teacher at about 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 12 at Magahay Elementary School -- located on Oleander Drive, near Hall and Schoenherr roads -- after the teacher tried to discipline the boy, according to Sterling Heights police and a report in The Macomb Daily. Police said the student punched the teacher in the head, stomach and throat.

The boy was pulled away by other teachers but managed to break away and attack the teacher a second time, the paper reported.

The teacher "clearly wanted to file a police report," according to Smith.

Macomb County Prosecutor Eric Smith said the boy will face a charge in Macomb County Juvenile Court as a last resort in trying to solve an ongoing behavioral problem.

"The school has tried other ways to deal with the student," said Smith in the paper's report. "Incarceration is not the goal here. We need the court to take over jurisdiction. He needs some structure and guidance, things that only a court can order."

They had the childs GRANDMOTHER on the news. Her comments were she didn't understand why they had to be so hard on him, he's just a kid. :confused:

Then we wonder why they gorw up the way they do.

BrianD
09/22/2006, 10:56 PM
Please note that this thread is 6 years old.

2fishy
09/22/2006, 11:16 PM
And everything is still as insane now as it was then!!

Fiddler
09/23/2006, 01:52 AM
We should all live like that movie, equilibrium (sp) then right....

until every human in this world begins to think like Jesus or Socrates or even Willy Wonka, I believe the world will always be insane and beautiful at the same time

(NOTE: not saying that the above stories are beautiful, just that at the same time people do great things for others.)

AcroSteve
09/23/2006, 04:39 AM
I think it is all these harsh penalties the judges are giving criminals. Makes them crazy.

hubris007
09/23/2006, 05:18 AM
You talkin' 'bout the 5 years for murder or the life sentence for drug posession?

Fiddler
09/23/2006, 11:58 AM
or maybe.....

if you are caught drunk driving they send you to places to get better, if you are on dope crack coke E they send you to jail instead of trying to get better like the drunks

mike4271
09/23/2006, 12:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8203349#post8203349 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrianD
Please note that this thread is 6 years old.

And makes me wonder why it was resurrected, I doubt if Q wants, or is even allowed to comment in his position.
It is doomed for failure anyway if it follows the normal path :(

AcroSteve
09/23/2006, 01:02 PM
What is his position?

I think hubris was stirring the pot. He resurected several old threads.

Muttling
09/23/2006, 02:28 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8205808#post8205808 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AcroSteve
What is his position?

I think hubris was stirring the pot. He resurected several old threads.

Concur....It's a valid discussion but trolling under the mask of validity is still trolling.

inwall75
09/23/2006, 04:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8206133#post8206133 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Muttling
Concur....It's a valid discussion but trolling under the mask of validity is still trolling.

HMMM, I don't know Hubris from Adam but I've seen things in the current news, remembered old threads, and resurrected them. I'm not saying that this is what he did. However, unless you ask what the motivation is, I'm reluctanct to call him a troll.

hubris007
09/23/2006, 08:40 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y177/hubris007/troll-web.jpg

Guilty as charged. Stirring the bucket? That's my favorite dance move.

Was latenight golddigging and was curious to see what kind of relevance this might still have. Notice, still as crazy today as ever. Only the names have changed.

BLKTANG
09/23/2006, 08:43 PM
What were u doin on 06/26/2000,@ 6:08

hubris007
09/23/2006, 09:05 PM
AM or PM?

BLKTANG
09/23/2006, 09:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8207814#post8207814 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hubris007
AM or PM?

AM.:D

hubris007
09/23/2006, 09:26 PM
I was sleeping in a rec center on a Native American reservation in Oregon.

Thurge
09/24/2006, 01:39 AM
Totally unconcious. The day before was my birthday.

On the origional topic... I would say this wis what happens to society when they "spair the rod and spoil the child". Not beatings mind you, but good old fashion Whoopens.

Freed
09/24/2006, 01:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8204257#post8204257 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AcroSteve
I think it is all these harsh penalties the judges are giving criminals. Makes them crazy.

??? What about the female judge that let the child molester off and said that because he was too short she didn't think he would last very long in prison so it was cruel and unusual punishment. HELLLOOOOO???? Wake up you judges!!!! Isn't that the risk the criminal is taking when they commit these crimes? You play the game and you get thrown in prison with people that don't know how to behave like civil human beings in society either. COME ON!!!