PDA

View Full Version : See I told you so!

signu459
06/19/2000, 05:27 PM
Well it has been some time but there was a long discusion about doing a "Gas Out" due to high gas prices. I am pretty sure that it was here on RC but there is the chance that is actually took place on Aqualink.

I was one of the few that said that the gas out a was bad idea and would not work. I suggested that we (the USA) go after OPEC and hold them to task. Well as it turns out I was right. You see our good friends Kuwait and Saudi Arabi and holding back and are not at full production and have caused a decrease in supply. I suggessted that the US remind our buddies in the mid east that if it wasn't for the US and other countries efforts Suddam may be running their countries. Well it turns out the that there is a group of senetors that are going to ask these two countries to increase production or they are going to receive bill for the cost of the Gulf war. I LOVE IT!

JohnL
06/19/2000, 05:50 PM
The US should be receiving all its oil for free for the next hundred years from Kuwait.

------------------
Peace - John

Abn Rgr75th
06/19/2000, 07:14 PM
I could have sworn that I have been reading in the papers around here that while there may be some shortage of the new improved gas and soon to be home heating oil due to the need to use the product for gasoline, the fault actually lies elsewhere.

I do not remember exactly where they said the blame lies but it was more or less saying that the outrageously high gas prices are due to people trying to gouge the customers.

LOL, I bet that made absolutely no sense.

Abn

Aquaman
06/20/2000, 06:53 AM
Actually I think its our own fault for depending on the middle east oil producing nations. There are many patents and inventions that have been shelved by the big US car manufactures because it would cut into their profits.

The smartest thing the USA could do would be produce cars that don't run on gas! then give the public 10 years to replace all gas driven cars. Then tell OPEC to kiss off! and give them the bill for Desert Storm anyway!!

[This message has been edited by Aquaman (edited 06-20-2000).]

Staceon
06/20/2000, 08:33 AM
Rep. Rod Blagojevich, D-Ill. said Sunday he would introduce legislation later this week forcing U.S. allies like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to take "proactive steps" to help decrease oil prices.

The legislation would tie $1 billion in annual defense aid to the two nations to their efforts to increase production by at least 500,000 barrels per day and to bring the price down to about $28 per barrel(it about 32 1/2 now).

Still "love it"?

aLittletank
06/20/2000, 02:12 PM
signu459 see I told you so

Are you Rush ? :D

Allen

fishonly
06/21/2000, 12:46 PM
So we save Kuwait from Sadam, and then they stick it to us, and then we promise more money in order to get prices back where they were. What am I missing here? How about turning the defense money we promised into offense money and see if they change their tune.

signu459
06/21/2000, 04:22 PM
Allen only if I could have the wisdom Rush has!!

As far as the defense money we are going to give it to them either way so I guess that is a reasonable idea.

Dave
06/24/2000, 12:41 PM
JohnL your the man AMEN
However they did drop to 206 a gallon for regular yesterday.

hubris007
09/22/2006, 06:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=41001#post41001 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Staceon
Rep. Rod Blagojevich, D-Ill. said Sunday he would introduce legislation later this week forcing U.S. allies like Kuwait and Saudi Arabia to take "proactive steps" to help decrease oil prices.

Rofl, that worked well....only took 6 years to have an effect?