PDA

View Full Version : Any suggustions for low fairs for honeymoon?

Staceon
06/21/2000, 09:21 AM
Thats right folks...getting married July 29th. Yahooooooooooo. Now the real fun stuff: The Honeymoon! Looking for any tips on ways to find low fairs for airline, hotel and/or accomdations. We kind of got out heart set on Ocho Rios Jamica. Probably only looking for packages that are all inclusive. Any suggustions? Places you recommend? Ways to save a few bucks?

fishonly
06/21/2000, 10:38 AM
My college roommate did the Sandals thing at Ocho Rios and absolutely loved it! I know the ads look cheesy but it is a really cool set-up. They constantly have things you can do. Tennis lessons, massages, bike tours. The waterfalls are supposed to be awesome! All-inclusive is the way to go! However, it is not really that cheap. The only downside.

Staceon
06/21/2000, 10:41 AM
Hey Fishonly welcome to RC!!!!Yea we have looked at the Sandals thing, also looked at the Sibney in Ocho Rios. Thanks for the suggustions.

Wolverine
06/21/2000, 01:12 PM
If your hearts aren't too set on that spot, I hear that flights to Fiji are fairly cheap right now. :)

Sorry I'm not much help here, but congrats anyway.

Dave

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/lcrandall/reefpage.html

Larry M
06/21/2000, 02:17 PM
Hey Stace--Congrats on the upcoming wedding. You should be able to go just about anywhere in the Caribbean for cheap during that time period. If I had to choose it would be St. Thomas/St. John's or Cozumel on the western end. Great snorkeling/scuba in both places.
Good luck,

------------------
Larry M

Visit Reef Stores.com (http://63.75.34.139/ubbcgi/Ultimate.cgi?) The liaison between hobbyists and on-line retailers.

See my tanks at Northern Reef (http://www.reefcentral.com/northernreef/index.htm)

fishonly
06/22/2000, 02:51 PM
Don't go to the Wyndam (sp?) all-inclusive at St. Thomas. A friend of mine just got back and had a horrible experience. Their room was small, dirty and had a broken sink. Bonnie kept getting what she thought was a rash from the sun that turned out to be from bed bugs. The hotel just sprayed hot shot on their sheets and left. She is currently in a battle with her travel agent. Not to mention that when the cruise ships leave port all the shops and restaurants close up until another one comes which may be several days.

Brian Koyama
06/22/2000, 03:34 PM
Congrats on the Wedding! I went to the Couples resort in Jamaica for my honeymoon. All inclusive. Nice hotel, great food-all you can eat any time of the day, plus you can do all types of activities. The only time you need money is when you venture out to the towns and buy gifts. Plenty O'weed out there. Our first bathroom stop from the airport-there were about 5 guys selling baggies of weed-don't recommend it though-the guide said they are police traps. Our tour guide even showed us where to get the best deal on the stuff. I can ramble on about the place. I think it was only a couple thousand bucks for the airfare/hotel/etc..don't really know cuz it was a gift from my parents.
Brian

shellisland
06/22/2000, 06:41 PM
Here is a really cheap idea for a no cost honeymoon...dont get married.

Ha ha just kidding...not that I am bitter or anything :D...seriously, Costa Rica is pretty cheap, and if you want a rugged adventure, there is no place like it. Good luck!